Program Manager, Strengthening Working Families in the Chicago Southland
- Job posted by OAI Inc. - Chicago
Responsible for the implementation, management and day-to-day activities of OAI’s Strengthening Working Families in the Chicago Southland program.
- Manage day-to-day operations of OAI’s Strengthening Working Families in the Chicago Southland program.
- Supervise, train and evaluate all staff assigned to the program and participate in their selection.
- Negotiate, plan and coordinate the scheduling of trainings with community colleges and other partner organizations.
- Work with program staff in the development of outreach and recruitment strategies, coordination of training, schedules, orientation, and intake/assessment, enrollment of new students, placement and follow-up.
- Manage employer engagement for the Calumet Green Manufacturing Partnership initiative
- Liaison with World Business and manage day-to-day operations of the 1,000 Jobs Campaign
- Work with program staff in the facilitation of new student Tryouts.
- Assist create individual grant budgets and monitor monthly spending of non-personnel costs.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of reports according to funder requirements.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of contracts with subcontractors and other program partners.
- Initiate, develop and cultivate new relationships with community organizations, schools, employers and municipalities in an effort to expand the outreach and awareness of OCS’s services and programs.
- Responsible for overseeing compilation of enrollment, completion and placement data. Draft all reports required by grant funders.
- Seek out additional funding sources to support OCS programming and OAI-wide initiatives.
- Assist in grant application research and writing, report completion and database updates as needed.
- Participate in research and development of new training components to enhance OCS program offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in a human services or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish-English) is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with underserved populations, independent contractors, and other non-profit agencies.
- Ability to travel throughout the Chicagoland area and have insured automobile.
OAI, Inc. offers excellent benefits for full-time staff including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401(k) with match; and paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish - English) a Plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org with the following in the subject line: Program Manager, Strengthening Families
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.