212 West 24th Street
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Per Diem Case Manager position at the Christopher. The Christopher is a 166-unit supportive housing residence for single adults located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. The building provides permanent, affordable housing and case management services to low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and /or HIV/AIDS.
Work in tandem with scheduled per diem Social Worker to provide a wide range of clinical services to tenants, including but not limited to: Wellness outreach to tenants, supportive counseling, facilitating organized activities, crisis intervention, risk assessments, assistance with self administration of medications, community escorts, and coordination with hospitals/collateral providers.
The Per Diem Case Manager usually works two weekends a month on Friday evenings 4pm-9pm and Saturday from 10am – 4pm.
- High School diploma
- 1 year related experience
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Some college preferred; B.A. may substitute for experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Must have weekend availability at a minimum of two weekends, monthly
- Schedule: Alternate weekends, Friday evenings 4pm – 9pm & Saturday 10am – 4pm, including some holidays.
- Friday arrival time can be negotiated for otherwise strong candidates.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind