Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven full-time professionals with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our staff members are persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. Teachers at La Cima are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
Operations Manager Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· 2+ years of supervisory experience
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Demonstrated success with collaborative project management in a fast-paced success-oriented environment and ability to problem solve and work on solutions in a proactive manner
· Ability to maintain professional relationships and work with all levels of staff
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
Communication, Calendar and Schedule Maintenance
· Organize distribution of parent communications including phone calls, written and broadcasted notifications.
· Work with leadership teams to plan and update staff posts, schedules and coverages, as needed.
· Communicate to staff members at the start of the year and with regular updates on key information about schedules, technology, materials and systems.
· Organize and maintain calendar for schoolwide events including assemblies, special programs, after school, family-teacher conferences, staff development, etc.
· Coordinate details and planning for schoolwide events, including assemblies, special programs, after school, family-teacher conferences, staff development.
· Schedule and lead all required fire and safety drills in conjunction with the co-located partner schools.
· Manage well-organized, effective and engaging lunch and recess programs for all students.
· Participate in and occasionally lead a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year with a desire to grow and develop professionally.
· Establish and maintain systems to ensure staff have the supplies, experiences and materials they need to be successful. Identify ways to minimize or eliminate waste.
· Manage systems and procedures related to students arrival, dismissal and special events in terms of staffing and execution.
· Oversee day to day student transportation needs.
· Register bus violations with the company, as needed.
· Manage communication with bus monitors to ensure timely pick up and drop off. Communicate delays in a timely way.
· Oversee the maintenance of furniture, locks, bathrooms, copy machines, etc. is managed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Work with the Operations Associate to schedule building maintenance (repairs, painting, repairs, etc.).
· Work with school staff to ensure proper closing procedures to maintain building safety
· Ensure the physical space meets La Cima’s school culture, safety and organizational goals, including:
- Reviewing the space on a regular basis and instituting systems to ensure a strong learning environment is always available to community members;
- Creating and refining systems to ensure staff members have a rapid and appropriate response when building- and custodial-related needs arise;
- Planning use of and routines for scheduling, organizing, cleaning and stocking with supplies common areas on an ongoing basis; and
- Coordinating signage that promotes school culture and emergency exit signage
· Serve as a key liaison between La Cima and co-located partner schools, participating in:
- Annual shared space negotiations;
- Monthly Building Council and semi-annual Building Response Team (BRT) meetings.
- Regular communication about building issues among the partner schools
· Work to ensure that New York City Department of Education (DOE) services (including permits, safety agents, transportation, custodial support and food services) are available appropriately on days that La Cima is open but DOE schools are closed and on special days such as field trips and half-days.
Technology & Equipment
· Secure and track all of La Cima’s assets. Ensure the optimal utilization of all equipment.
· Ensure that the school’s copiers are operating at an optimal level and the required maintenance is being received from the copier vendor.
· Manage La Cima’s technology management vendor to ensure that La Cima is receiving the best response times and services as per contract.
Employee supervision and development
· Conduct weekly check-in meetings with direct reports.
· Manage weekly and monthly employee work plans.
· Lead weekly operations and school aides meetings.
· Work with the COO to identify professional development opportunities for the operations teams and individual team members.
· Work collaboratively with grade level and school-wide team to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom; Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles every day; Consistently model a learning orientation for children and colleagues.
· Perform other duties to support the ongoing development of La Cima, as deemed appropriate by school leadership.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer and manages the Operations Associate, Admin/Spanish Translator and the part time School Aides.
Paid Time Off, Family and Medical Leave, Parental Leave, Medical Insurance, Pension (403B Summary Plan) and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should email a thoughtful cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com.
Although email is the preferred method, hard copies may be faxed to (718) 443-7291 or to:
La Cima Elementary Charter School
Attn.: Adel Hageb, Chief Operating Officer
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11221