Details: Salary listed is the part-time salary for 28 hours a week, based on full-time annualized salary of $45,700 to $54,000
165 West End Ave
Hours: 28 hrs per week – Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30-5:30, additional hours from home.
Location: New York City, Upper West Side (home office)
We are the administrative office for Kulanu, Inc. (kulanu.org), a volunteer-run non-profit organization supporting isolated, emerging, and returning Jewish communities around the globe. We are an experienced, dedicated, and hard-working team seeking to add to our friendly workforce by hiring a Program and Development Manager to work in the home office of the organization's President. We think our work is fascinating, meaningful, and impactful, and our new team member will have exciting opportunities to learn about and connect with diverse individuals and communities spanning the globe.
The Manager will take on a supervisory role and delegate some tasks to volunteers while managing these individuals thoughtfully. They will personally oversee and support diverse projects and support the President who currently balances multiple roles within the organization. Most of Kulanu's work is carried out by our hard-working, dedicated, and inspiring volunteers, and members of the communities we partner with. Our paid staff also includes a Communications Director and Business Manager, with whom the Program and Development Manager will work closely
Working with volunteers around the world, be responsible for various kinds of event planning including:
- Kulanu’s year-long 25th anniversary celebration during 2019, including various in-person and online events
- Film festival and receptions after film showings
- Speakers Bureau events
- Tabling at fairs and other events
- Online conferences and events
- Parlor meetings in homes
- Artist/scholar-in-residence program
- Help with planning and implementing fundraising strategy and calendar
- Manage outreach to larger donors
- Support fundraising volunteers including the Fundraising Committee, adult and youth volunteer fundraisers, and the Mitzvah Project program.
- Assist with writing grant proposals and reports – includes compiling data and materials for grant applications and reports, drafting proposals and reports, communicating with donor institutions
- Oversee in-kind donation program which includes books, Judaica, and electronic devices.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers (whether working from home or traveling overseas)
- Work with and analyze the data in online database (eTapestry) and interpret web and social media analytics
- Oversee website content, including basic updating and maintenance via Wordpress
- Support the President, other board members, staff, and regional coordinators in various capacities
- Handle regular email and phone inquiries
- Other administrative tasks as needed
You must be highly organized and skilled in time and project management, be proficient with computers and technology, and possess strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated capability and experience in project management, event planning, fundraising, website management, volunteer management, and/or other aspects of non-profit administration and development is preferred. Comfort with Jewish diversity and pluralism is a must; knowledge of Judaism and the Jewish world is a plus. Since we all work in one room, you should be calm, flexible, and focused.
Two-year commitment required. Kulanu, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be considered regardless of race or religious background.
Health insurance (70% of premium)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fill out and submit the form at http://bit.ly/program-manager-kulanu and follow instructions there to submit your cover letter and resume.