The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
New York City is one of the largest purchasers of government health benefits in the nation and is uniquely positioned to directly impact the health of a significant fraction of New Yorkers and demonstrate the impact of a workplace wellness initiative. FPHNYC supports WorkWell NYC, New York City’s workplace wellness program. WorkWell NYC, housed within the Mayor’s Office of Labor Relations, serves more than 380,000 City of New York employees who work to maintain a vibrant, safe, and thriving city. WorkWell NYC’s core mission is to create workplaces that engage and empower employees to live healthy, active lifestyles and to provide health and well-being services, programs, and resources for employees and their families. To achieve this goal, WorkWell NYC develops and implements programming across key areas: healthy eating, physical activity, mental well-being, preventative health behaviors, and health equity. Some of WorkWell NYC’s current initiatives include physical activity challenges, a worksite vaccination campaign, and chronic disease prevention programming.
WorkWell NYC is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the administrative and executive branches of WorkWell NYC and Health Savings. This position will be based at the Office of Labor Relations, within whom WorkWell NYC/Health Savings operates in a dual-reporting model. The position will begin as soon as possible and requires the candidate to work 35 hours per week.
· Performs confidential clerical work, such as the filing of material and the searching of files for difficult to locate material, checking records for accuracy of information and for conformity with established policy and procedures
· Develops PowerPoint Presentations with content from others; organizes presentation material for distribution
· Assists with organization of large and small meetings, including invitations, room reservations, material collation, registration process and other operational tasks
· Provide technical support for meetings and webinars on platforms such as MS Teams, Webex, or Zoom
· Manages inventory levels of incentives and giveaways, package and ship materials to other agencies within the City
· Delivers messages, mail, forms, and other materials to other departments within the agency
· Uses e-mail (e.g., Outlook, Intranet) to schedule appointments/meetings and communicate with others
· Maintains contact databases of various committees
· Verifies the information on records or forms against information in a computerized legal record system
· Operates a personal computer using word processing software; perform data entry and retrieval using a personal computer
· Operates a multi-line phone to receive and provide routine information, take messages, and transfer calls
· Manages mailings to WorkWell NYC users
· Assist with data entry and other supporting functions to operationalize WorkWell NYC programs
· Serve as key contact for incoming calls for employees seeking information about WorkWell NYC and its related programs
· Attends key programming events (when available) to support registration and event coordination.
· Sorts/distributes incoming mail
· Other duties as assigned
· A four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization; some college preferred
· Five years of satisfactory, full‐time, progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience working in the public or private sector
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Proven customer service orientation
· Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and WebEx/Teams/Zoom)
· Ability to work independently with effective critical thinking skills
Hourly rate is $26.00 per hour. Candidate will be required to work 35 hours per week during the hours of 9 AM – 5 PM from Monday to Friday. Some early mornings or late evenings may be required with advanced notice. The position is currently hybrid in-office and remote through August and will be on-site in September.
Candidates must meet New York City employment eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here, indicating “WorkWellNYC-Exec-Assistant_your name” in subject line. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…