Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
355 Bridge Street
About the Position
The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Development & Communications, and will play a pivotal role in carrying out the philanthropic strategy & activities at Prospect Schools. The Development Coordinator provides administrative support for the organization’s fundraising program and plays a key role in the work of building relationships with donors, volunteers, students, parents, prospective families, faculty, staff and more. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively communicate with all constituents.
Prospect Schools is a network of high-performing kindergarten through 12th grade, college preparatory charter schools in New York and Connecticut. Our mission is to build and grow learning communities where excellent teachers prepare diverse student bodies to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values
Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self-assurance
Prospects '23 Vision
Our Vision is that by 2023, 100% of our students will be on track to be International Baccalaureate Diploma Program-ready by the end of 10th grade, and college-ready upon graduation.
Primary Job Functions
- Manage and keep current Prospect Schools’ donor information and database
- Process gifts in donor database, including the generation of weekly acknowledgment letters
- Create queries and exports, produce reports, and perform data analysis for organization’s development program as as needed, including for finance department, and Boards of Trustees
- Coordinate department events including annual gala, stewardship events, and alumni events
- Assist with writing, editing, and designing organization newsletters and solicitations.
- Assist with donor research
- Provide overall support to the development and communications team
- Assist with writing grants and grant reports
- Assist with board meetings and events
**The critical features of this role are described above, but not all encompassing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience in fundraising in an educational setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Previous work in a donor database and research experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Competitive Compensation
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.