Full Time Contract
Camps Lanowa and Wakonda, American Camp Association Accredited camps, are seeking Lifeguards for campers ages 7-13. The Camp Lifeguard prepares materials for both lessons and group free swim, communicates progress and concerns to other staff, and ensures that all children are included, engaged, safe and happy.
As part of the Aquatics staff, Lifeguards are housed with the camper population and are a part of daily camp life. They have close contact with their own cabin group of 5-6 campers along with at least one additional counselor, who is the primary care giver, but will be working with the entire camper population.
· Receive training on the Aquatic Policy, routines, and expectations of both swim lessons and group free swim.
· Lead pool activities and lessons.
· Clearly differentiate skill levels and expectations according to the age group of the children.
· Assist each child with developing swim skill goals to accomplish by the end of their session at camp.
· Document and distribute each child’s progress and swim levels at the conclusion of each swim lesson.
· Desire to work and live in the outdoors from June 9-August 21, 2018.
· Have own transportation.
· Minimum 18 years of age.
· High School Diploma, preferably enrolled in college level program.
· Minimum two years (or two summers) experience supervising/lifeguarding children (age 5-
· 12 years).
· Experience leading private or group swim lessons; determining skill levels and documenting progress.
· Experience with in-ground pool maintenance.
· CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
· WSI Certified (Water Safety Instructor) preferred.
· Ability to pass a background check, physical exam and be up to date on all required immunizations.
You will also need to provide:
· Three letters of reference
· A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
- Saturday, June 9th staff expected to arrive to camp
- Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
- Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
- Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
- All staff departs by Monday August 21st by 3:00 PM
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required