· Promotes agency standards and policy in regard to social work practice, agency function and treatment services.
· Coordinates and maximizes the use of internal and external resources available to families and children.
· Provides direct supervision to social workers and student interns as assigned by the Clinical Director.
· Enhance professional growth through participation in workshop seminars and conferences regarding new trends in social work management and treatment.
· Assesses social workers’ training needs and provides planned regular instruction, supervision, support and evaluation to help them develop professionally and to assist them to work successfully with the specific needs of our population, families and with staff.
· With Director hires social work staff. Monitors, evaluates and reports on staff performance. Compiles personnel and payroll reports including promotions and terminations.
· Creates and maintains a supportive work environment, motivating and encouraging teamwork among staff.
· Ensures that the response to clients is appropriate and in keeping with agency policies and procedures.
· Attends Diagnostic, Comprehensive Treatment Planning, Special Planning, Service Plan Reviews, IEP and CSE Meetings.
· Responsible for tracking timely submission of required paperwork for school districts and referring agencies by monitoring and keeping records.
· Ensures that record procedures are properly followed and reviews to ensure they are up to date.
· Reviews and approves progress notes.
· Monitors status of all cases and ensures that all required services are in place
· Coordinates and oversees treatment for each student and works diligently with other disciplines to see that delivery of services occurs as an integrated whole.
· Makes home and other contacts with staff when indicated.
· When indicated assumes social work responsibilities for cases assigned.
· Acts as a liaison with school districts and/or referring agencies as assigned.
· Provides caseload coverage when workers are unavailable.
· Acts as department leader in the absence of the Director.
· Serves on committees for special projects, occasions and functions in a manner which supports and promotes staff morale.
· Assists Director in the development of policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agencies and state laws.
· Meets regularly with Director as a management team and helps problem solve, develop programs, establish proactive strategies, discusses potentially difficult situations and develops strategies to support staff performance and morale.
· Works with the Director to develop new directions for the department.
· Along with team, supports students in meeting their daily behavioral goals in accordance with their individualized behavior plan and the principles of positive behavior support.
· Serves as a role model for students maintaining values such as integrity, dignity, self control, honesty and self respect.
· Works with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties.
· Promotes and supports the environment of positive behavior support.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Resident Director.
· Master of Social Work certified to practice in NYS; minimum of two years experience in social work.
· Supervisory experience preferred
· LMSW required, LCSW preferred
· Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
· Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
· This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required