Details: non-exempt position
2970 SW Avalon Way
Transitional Resources is a small non-profit community behavioral health agency that relies heavily on teamwork. Successful candidates must be flexible and open to taking on whatever is needed to help our programs run smoothly. We offer a positive and supportive work environment committed to promoting the best outcomes possible for our employees and the individuals we serve.
We are adding a new development position to support our existing fundraising and development activities. The scope and specifications of the position may change as the position takes shape.
Description: The Development Coordinator will help implement the strategic fundraising and community relations plans on behalf of Transitional Resources. Working closely with the Development Director and the CEO, the Development Coordinator will work on TR’s annual fundraising plan, including individual donors, special events, and grants.
- Assist with the implementation of annual development activities, including annual appeals, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media and special events.
- Create timely and engaging donor acknowledgments for individual gifts, workplace and corporate giving, and special events.
- Assist with planning and executing special events, including TR’s annual fall fundraising dinner and other new initiatives.
- Participate in the production and distribution of donor communications, including direct mail appeals, emails, social media, newsletters and annual reports.
- Record donations and donor information on an ongoing basis in the donor database. Design and run reports and assist with database maintenance
- Support other fundraising activities, including major donor cultivation, grant writing and tracking, and other activities.
- Perform administrative duties including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year relevant experience in fundraising, nonprofit program administration or similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail; experience with information management systems a plus.
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, Knowledge of website management.
- Interest and desire to learn how to become an impactful development professional.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to use various databases. Experience with Neon CRM and Constant Contact a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and self-direction, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Flexibility and a willingness to pitch in when/where needed.
22 paid leave days and 9 paid holidays per year, employer paid medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance; voluntary participation in one of the Agency sponsored 403(b) retirement plans, AFLAC cafeteria and FSA plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
English language proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required