Details: Negotiable, depending on qualifications/experience
1375 Mission Street
Are you searching for an opportunity to be part of an organization:
• Which has direct positive impact on people’s lives?
• Where opportunities for professional development and growth are fostered?
• In which you can work and consult alongside clinicians respected in their fields?
Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) is currently searching for a dedicated clinician with a commitment to community-based social services for the position of
Behavioral Health Counselor/Trainer for the RAMS CalWORKs Counseling & Pre-Vocational Services Program, located at 1375 Mission St, San Francisco
Bilingual ability in Spanish STRONGLY PREFERRED (but not required)
Salary Range: Negotiable, depending on qualifications/experience
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance coverage + leave benefits
Your role: To provide culturally competent behavioral health services, including individual short-term counseling/therapy & case management services, and conduct crisis intervention & collateral meetings, to remove behavioral health barriers to work participation & employment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. At least a Master’s degree in Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, or other related fields from an accredited institution, required. License-eligible or current registration with the Board (e.g. MFTi, ASW), highly preferred.
2. Two or more years of demonstrated experience in providing community-based behavioral health services to adults with serious mental health and substance use problems and their families, and are of the indigent & underserved populations, required. Significant experience in settings most similar to the San Francisco Dept. of Human Services, very highly preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, various treatment modalities, including short-term counseling/therapy strategies, group therapy processes & approaches, and wellness recovery principles in working with clients who have mental health & substance abuse, or co-occurring substance use problems, parenting issues, required.
4. Knowledge of, and experience working with, substance abuse/dependence issues, stages of recovery, harm reduction approach, and motivational treatment, including counseling, assessment and crisis intervention strategies, required.
5. Demonstrated experience in engaging target population, engaging participants in small and large group activities, and conducting psychoeducational workshops, required.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
6. Ability to provide bilingual & culturally-competent services in fluent Spanish, very strongly preferred.
7. Familiarity with vocational rehabilitation models of practice and counseling strategies.
8. Demonstrated experience and ability in conducting clinical assessments of clients with behavioral health and physical complaints.
9. Familiarity with the San Francisco behavioral health systems of care and community resources/services (may include health, mental health, substance abuse, vocational, housing, family support and resources, etc.).
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide culturally competent behavioral health services, including individual short-term counseling/therapy and case management services, and as needed, conduct crisis intervention and collateral meetings, to remove behavioral health barriers to work participation & employment
2. Conduct intakes and comprehensive initial risk assessments of clients, including a clinical analysis of the history and current status in relation to bio-psycho-social-cultural, risk factors, substance use/abuse/dependence, vocational experience, SSI assessments & eligibility, family issues and other information.
3. Facilitate/conduct group counseling/therapy sessions utilizing various modalities; process-oriented, curriculum-based, and/or psycho-educational, with various topics such as symptom management, stress management, relationship management, wellness recovery, parenting skills, and skills building
4. Provide psycho-educational groups, didactic & classroom trainings, and services to promote the acquisition of soft skills, facilitating the client’s employability and success in a work environment; provide one-on-one individual sessions, as needed
5. Participate in and facilitate various client outreach activities to further support intensive engagement and retention in CalWORKs program services
6. Collaborate in roundtable sessions and closely coordinate with treatment team members, HSA staff, and other care/community providers, as well as the client, in the planning of the individual’s treatment & care, goal development and progress, vocational assessment & rehabilitation, case conferencing, participant progress and improvement, discharge planning, and other services
7. Provide consultation to DHS & HSA vocational staff and employment specialists concerning behavioral health related problems and care, including assessment of barriers to employment, soft skills acquisition counseling, employment, and training issues for CalWORKs recipients
8. And other responsibilities as related to the program and position
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
Supplemental insurance coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Bereavement & Jury Duty leave
Eligibility for PTO Donation Program in event of catastrophic illness or injury
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training, in-service, and educational opportunities presented in-house
Paid Educational Leave & Professional Development Leave
401(k) Retirement Plan
Commuter Check to deduct transit expenses on a pre-tax basis
RAMS-sponsored monthly activities
Group discount programs
Employee awards recognition program
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish (bilingual/fluent) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to HR Dept – Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will remain open until filled.