235 Jersey City Blvd.
The qualified individual who serves as the Liberty Humane Society Animal Control Dispatch/Customer Service is responsible for receiving requests for service and dispatching routine and emergency calls to Animal Control Officers in the field, providing information and resources to the public as appropriate, as well as performing various animal control- and animal-care related duties, under supervision in a humane and professional manner.
Abilities and Qualities sought include:
* Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to firmly and calmly communicate in stressful situations
* Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
* Excellent communication, listening and computer skills
* Ability to handle confidential information in a secure, professional and discretionary manner
* Ability to elicit from, and explain information effectively and accurately to a wide variety of callers including the public and law enforcement officials
* Must be able to work independently within a team structure
* Possession of a valid certificate as an Animal Control Officer issued by the New Jersey Department of Health and a valid driver’s license are preferred. (The right candidate could undergo ACO training after joining our team.)
Liberty Humane Society offers the opportunity to work for a progressive animal welfare organization and shelter. In addition to working in a friendly environment and caring for wonderful dogs, cats and other animals, working at Liberty Humane Society comes with the benefits of PTO and medical benefits, including dental and vision, for full time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Basic proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and a cover letter including why you are interested in this position.