Details: $13.25 per hour, 15 hours per week
Cybernauts provide basic computer assistance to Los Angeles Public Library patrons of all ages. Cybernauts technological skills allow them to aid patrons in the use of electronic equipment, databases, and software applications. Cybernauts also instruct patrons on how to use their personal laptops or other electronic devices. Cybernauts may also be given an opportunity to teach or assist with computer classes for interested patrons. Applicants must be 18 years and over, or a graduating high school senior.
*Start date contingent upon interviewing and fingerprinting process.*
*Cybernaut is a 3-year maximum position*
Open Positions currently located at:
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Feliz, North Hollywood, Palisades, West LA
● Basic computer knowledge.
● Familiarity with popular social media and multimedia platforms.
● Familiarity with the Internet and accessing electronic resources.
● Knowledge of various library-provided software applications including word processing
● Knowledge of how to use popular hand-held electronic devices (tablets/smart phones).
● Strong communication skills.
● Associate of Arts/Science or Bachelor’s of Arts/Science (preferred but not required).
● Bilingual capability (preferred but not required).
About the Position
Cybernaut positions are part-time, approximately 15 hours per week. The hourly wage is $13.25 per hour. Must be available 4-5 days each week. Three paid mandatory professional development training sessions are offered to Cybernauts. Cybernauts may also be eligible for sick leave benefits under California Assembly Bill 304. Hired Cybernauts are employees of MCS.
Cybernauts may also be eligible for sick leave benefits under California Assembly Bill 304.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual capability (preferred but not required)
Minimum Education Required