1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. At Vital Voices we believe, and we are proving, that investing in women improves the world.
Vital Voices seeks a highly motivated Senior Accountant who will play a central role in performing the monthly, daily, and annual core accounting functions. The position will also work closely with the Vice President of Finance and Administration to ensure a healthy environment of strong internal controls, maintain and improve processes and efficiencies, and ensure compliance with grant requirements and regulations.
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and work collaboratively with members of the Finance, Administration and Human Resources team as well as with staff across the organization. There are 4 full time and 1 part time Finance, Administration, and Human Resources team members including the Senior Accountant position and a total of 50 full time equivalent staff members at Vital Voices. The average annual organization budget size is between $12 - $13 million. Vital Voices’ only office is located in Washington, DC.
Monthly Accounting Close
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Maintain and update monthly balance sheet leads; research / follow up as necessary to address any accounting or reconciling issues
- Prepare and post monthly and adjusting journal entries (e.g. payroll, fringe benefits, prepaid, depreciation, indirect cost allocation, etc.)
- Review and post employee credit card reconciliations
- Review reconciliation of fundraising platform contributions data to general ledger
- Issue timely and accurate monthly financial statements and supporting management reports
- Issue timely and accurate monthly department and program financial reports
- Attend and contribute to bi-monthly department budget meetings
- File quarterly non-personnel tax reports/submissions as necessary (e.g. sales and use tax, UBIT estimates, etc.)
Daily / Weekly Accounting Activities
- Review / post weekly disbursements and cash receipts / receivables
- Maintain, monitor and ensure timely collection of organization receivables
- Maintain and oversee all organization accounting files (electronic and hard copy)
- Manage employee credit card program (e.g. issuing, cancelling cards; managing online credit card platform)
- Monitor / oversee organization bank accounts
Annual Accounting Activities
- Lead year-end closing process
- Prepare select PBC schedules and audit testing selections
- Interface with auditors and tax accountants as needed
- Support annual budget and forecast processes
- Support 1096 & 1099 filing / issuance process as needed
Grants & Sub Award Administration
- Support Vice President of Finance and Administration and work closely with program staff to ensure compliance with all grant requirements, including Federal OMB regulations
- Prepare select funder financial reports (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual, annual, etc.)
- Support review and preparation of proposal submission budgets
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll
- Review timesheets for adherence to timekeeping organization policies
- Recommend and implement improvements to accounting processes and procedures
- Train new employees on the fiscal policies and procedures of the organization
- Resolve accounting issues, respond to inquiries and assist staff with resolving accounting issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all organization policies and procedures and grant regulations / requirements as a part of review processes and ensure timely correction and resolution (e.g. disbursements, cash receipts, receivables, reconciliations, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 6 – 7 years non-profit general accounting experience including preparing balance sheet leads, financial statement issuance, and financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience with a range of PC platform applications, including Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills preferred), Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated experience with mid-sized accounting software and reporting package(s) (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Management Reporter preferred)
- Working knowledge of federal assistance awards management including Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR 200.
- Experience supporting annual financial audits and form 990 preparation
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through on multiple projects / deadlines with minimal oversight
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as a team player
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/bi5p
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.