350 Los Ranchitos Road
This position is responsible for helping to support the success of marketing and fundraising efforts by:
- Overseeing project management and editing of development direct marketing efforts, including direct mail campaigns, catalogs, and calendars.
- Supporting the content creation for a wide range of media, including GDB’s website, annual report, social media channels, quarterly Guide Dog News Newsletter, and fundraising event collateral.
- Assisting with media relations activities.
- Providing additional support to Marketing Team as needed.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with outside firm and GDB team to ensure success of direct mail campaigns by helping review strategies, taking the lead on providing existing relevant content and imagery and helping identify GDB staff and clients to inform new content. Proofread and edit fundraising direct mail materials to ensure they are on brand and accurate. Collaborate with Digital Marketing Coordinator to ensure consistency between direct mail and online fundraising efforts.
- Contribute news and feature stories to Guide Dog News, the annual report, “No Bones About it” blog, and web site. Assist with social media content as needed.
- Support media relations efforts by assisting VP of Marketing with project management of media events, film promotion, and corporate partnerships.
- Assist with project management of marketing team projects by developing an integrated calendar and other project management tools.
- Manage the development of videos to support GDB programs and fundraising events.
- Support marketing team with other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrate Guide Dogs for the Blind values & Behaviors.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Minimum five years professional writing and editing experience e.g., reporting and writing for a print or online publication, or serving as a content creator and editor for an organization.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including proofreading and editing skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in organized fashion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with social media platforms/channels and website content-management systems.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, humor, and positive outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Able to travel and to work nights and weekends (as required).
Guide Dogs for the Blind offers a competitive benefits package that highlights personal and financial wellness as well as other benefits.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability (Staff working outside of California)
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Voluntary supplemental insurance products
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-Site Wellness Programs: cross training, yoga, massage, workout room and more!
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match
- Life Insurance and AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
- Flexible Spending Account for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax Commuter Check Program (CA Campus Only)
- Carpool/Vanpool Program
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Dog and Cat Food Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required