549 Audubon Ave, T30
Why this job: Join the leadership of a successful and expanding school that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. TEP requires a visionary leader to maximize the organization’s operational performance at all levels and support its growth, as TEP expands from a 480-seat middle school at one campus to a 1200-seat Pre-K through 8th grade school, spread across three campuses (Early Childhood, Elementary School, and Middle School).
Position Overview: The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new leadership role at TEP. This individual will provide the leadership, management, and analytical capability to ensure TEP’s full operational efficiency. The COO will be responsible for leading all of TEP’s non-instructional operations and staff members, as the school’s Principal and 3 School Directors focus on the students, teachers, and families, by allocating their energy exclusively to teaching and learning.
- Develop TEP’s current and long-term operational capability to support the school’s growth, by assessing and refining the school’s operational systems and teams
- Ensure TEP has the proper controls, data procedures, and people systems to function and grow, while integrating the highest level of efficiency and service
- Align operational procedures and best practices across the three campuses, considering demographic differences and the individual needs of each campus
- Establish key performance indicators that align with TEP’s core values, mission, and organizational objectives
- Manage a senior operational team, consisting of:
- 3 Operations Directors, one at each campus; each Operations Director manages critical school operations and supervises a small operations team at their respective campus
- 1 Director of Facilities, who manages the facilities and related personnel at all three campuses
- 1 Director of Talent Acquisition, who is responsible for the hiring of talent at all levels of the organization
- Support operational leaders through regular professional development, training, coaching, and evaluation
- Manage contracts and serve as the management liaison with all operational partnerships (i.e. external vendors and consultants)
- Provide direction in the execution of operational projects, and deliver guidance for complex operational issues
- Influence operational excellence and professional collaboration across all levels of the organization by exemplifying TEP’s mission and culture
- Minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated experience as a COO or relevant leadership role
- Visionary management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional writing ability and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competency analyzing data and leading strategic operations
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Accountability: The COO will report directly to TEP’s Founder and Board of Trustees.
Compensation: The COO earns a competitive salary in the range of $175K to $200K based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
Medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
Minimum Education Required