The Leadership Giving Manager will advance the Museum of the American Revolution’s annual fundraising efforts related to high-end membership. This position will cultivate an active donor community through our giving societies, the Revolution Society and George Washington Council, as well as Collections Society, our affinity group. The Leadership Giving Manager administers these programs from communications and data management to forward-facing donor relations, in support of the Museum’s contributed revenue goals.
· Work closely with Director of Leadership Giving to develop donor communications, including invitations, e-newsletters, analog and digital appeals, proposals, and other correspondence
· Maintain an upgrade strategy for members capable of moving up the pipeline
· Manage a portfolio of 150 Membership and Leadership Giving prospects, cultivating renewals and upgrades through a schedule of personal communications and donor visits
· Maintain timely and accurate renewal notices to the roughly 500 donors giving $1,000 - $10,000+ annually. Responsibilities include personalized acknowledgements, fulfillment, event invitations, stewardship outreach, conducting research, and tracking data to ensure timely and proper moves management.
· Oversee email marketing strategy for Leadership Giving – including communications schedule; list imports/exports between Luminate and Raiser’s Edge; tracking and reporting; and copy writing
· Work with Manager of Special Programs to develop and execute Leadership Giving programs, working with Director of Leadership Giving to ensure all programs are strategic, efficient, and effective in furthering the Museum’s mission
· Create and oversee all special event RSVPs and onsite event registration for Leadership Giving events. Ensure staff are well-briefed on their roles and responsibilities around events
· Maintain accurate calendar of leadership giving events and schedule of communications.
· Manage annual donor recognition listing, working with the Donor Systems Manager to ensure flawless recognition. Also track preferred salutations and other highly personalized information for donors.
· Provide concierge service for all members and leadership donors to the Museum, assisting with ticketing, tour reservations, and other visit planning needs
· Manage the design and production of all Leadership Giving print and digital collateral
· Manage Revolution Society Committee meetings and communications
· Collaborate cross-departmentally, working closely with Marketing, Visitor Engagement, and Executive Office to ensure highest quality donor experience
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· Professional experience should include three or more years of progressive, frontline development work with a nonprofit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural institution
· Must possess highly effective communication skills, both in speaking and writing
· Experience in successful relationship-building with prospects, donors, volunteers and board members; ability to nurture ongoing relationships
· Experience in managing fundraising events
· Demonstrate excellent organization skills with attention to detail
· Resourcefulness and flexibility, as well as a high level of motivation
· Be able to problem-solve and multitask under tight deadlines
· Maintain donor confidentiality always
· The ability to work in a positive team-oriented environment while also functioning autonomously is essential
*Some nights/weekend hours are required
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseun.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
The Leadership Giving Manager will advance the Museum of the American Revolution’s annual fundraising efforts related to high-end membership. This position will cultivate an active donor community through our…