14150 SW Milton Ct
This position contributes to the mission of the organization by enhancing the private fundraising major and mid-level donor gift programs of Medical Teams International through writing, administrative, and database support to Philanthropy Advisors (PAs) and supporting the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
MTI Calling: Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health
and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Philanthropy Advisors (approximately 80% of time)
- Translate information about MTI’s programs around the world into donor communications and written proposals, working with the Philanthropy, Field Ops, and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate monthly round tables for mid and major donor teams.
- Prepare quarterly call lists for PA’s and add as activities for CRM dashboards.
- Prepare monthly mid-level email lists and sends for mid Philanthropy Advisors, coordinate with digital marketing team.
- Prepare monthly donor and digital analytics for departmental reporting.
- Track daily gift email and make assignment suggestions in collaboration with Director of Advancement.
- Schedule meetings with PAs to stay apprised of their projects, proposals, caseloads and upcoming needs.
- Assist with major donor events, including audience development and stewardship strategies.
- Manage and implement general administrative support functions, including CRM data entry and reporting.
- Prepare expense approval forms (EAFs) as needed by PAs or VP.
Support Vice President Marketing and Development (approximately 20% of time)
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements for VP.
- Manage calendar, expenses, quarterly review process.
- Provide support for donor relations and external relations.
- Coordinate travel, department retreats, and yearly off site.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions and manage volunteers effectively.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Maintain donor confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 2 years’ experience as an assistant in fast-paced work environment.
- Assistant experience in nonprofit work environment; resource development and events experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Values.
- Must be able to exercise considerable initiative.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to independently plan, organize and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to maintain and protect donor confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to train and manage volunteers.
- Proven experience working in a relational database such as CRM, Raisers Edge, or Sales Force.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Communication Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Office 365 suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Teams etc.
- Moderately skilled with communication software: Skype, Internet, and social media platforms.
- Moderately skilled in Dynamics CRM, Raisers Edge, Sales Force, or other fundraising database.
- Preferred: Basic skills with Adobe InDesign or other desktop publishing software.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about this job and to apply please visit our website at www.medicalteams.org