Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults.
- It is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Brooklyn community.
- Equity and excellence are not mutually exclusive – we can meet the needs of all students in our schools, while actively engaging parents and driving towards excellent academic results.
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking an analytical and hardworking professional to become a Finance Manager who provides the finance team with support in the area of Financial Management to ensure prudent use of school funds. Successful candidates for this role possess an “anything it takes” attitude and will provide support in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, payroll, and grant management, in addition to special projects.
- Provide oversight of ESI’s day-to-day financial management, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants management, and the general ledger.
- Reviews purchasing and accounts payable documentation for accuracy and adherence to internal guidelines and fiscal policies and procedures
- Reviews account activity for accuracy; reclassifies expenses to appropriate accounts and ensures transactions are posted following appropriate accounting standards and practices
- Creates quarterly, monthly and annual reports for various stakeholders ensuring accurate compliance reporting
- Manages month-end close process, and prepares monthly financial reports, including credit card and checking account reconciliations
- Ensure that annual IRS Form 1099s are prepared and submitted timely.
- Manages the interim and year-end financial audit and 990 preparation in partnership with Managing Director of Finance
- Provides bookkeeping duties for all intercompany transactions including receipt of revenues and shared expenses
- Assists with the bookkeeping of school-based monthly, recurring accounts payable
- Administers payroll and manages 403(b) benefit and contributions
- Collaborate with Human Resources team to ensure staff profiles in ADP are up-to-date and accurate
Budgeting and Planning
- Participates in annual operating and capital budgeting process for ESI and prepares related documents to forecast financial performance
- Analyzes organizational performance, develops financial and other metrics for management and board-level reports
- Creates budget documents for new and recurring grants
- Monitors and reports grant spending and prepares end of grant reports
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- At least 3 years of experience in finance, accounting, or financial services
- School-based financial management experience strongly preferred
- A successful track record of setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Professional integrity, flexibility, and a reflective attitude with a passion for education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; highly skilled in Excel
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oX176fwV&s=idealist.org