Details: Commensurate with experience.
Case Manager I (Clinical) Position
The mission of Centinela Youth Services, Inc. (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students and contributing adults. CYS is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice organization established in 1975. CYS operates a variety of innovative programs proven to increase student performance; reduce school dropout rates, gang involvement, youth violence and crime and ultimately help preserve families.
This position will be assigned to The Everychild Restorative Justice Center (The Everychild Center), which is co-located at the South Bay One-Stop Business & Career Center in Inglewood, CA. The Everychild Restorative Justice Center is an innovative service established by CYS to provide evidence-based mediation services linked to intensive case management and wraparound community-based services to significantly reduce the number of teens attached to the juvenile justice system.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social work and/or psychology AND one year of case management experience in social work and/or juvenile justice or a closely related field.
Applicant must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to work efficiently in team environment, be able to communicate effectively with youth of multi-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, be detail orientated with good communication and organizational skills; be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines and have good analytical and computer skills (MS Word and Excel). Applicant must also possess a valid California driver’s license; have use of a reliable vehicle, be able to provide evidence of automobile liability insurance, be able to pass a background clearance and TB test.
General Functions and Responsibilities: Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Program Specialist, the Case Manager I will be responsible for coordinating Intake associated with the CARS program in which general functions includes, providing comprehensive strengths-based intake to referred youth who are either involved or at risk of being involved in the juvenile justice system; triaging referred youth to the appropriate internal CYS program and providing resource navigation and linkages to referred youth and their families.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review all incoming referrals, determine eligibility and triage referrals to the appropriate program.
- Call referred clients to determine eligibility for program and willingness to enroll.
- Conduct pre-screening assessments with youth and families to determine appropriate service placement.
- Work closely with referring agencies regarding referral processes, enrollment outcomes and service needs of referred youth. Referring agencies include police departments, schools, probation department and courts.
- Process referrals accurately and efficiently within established productivity guidelines and timeframes.
- Refer participants to service providers for social and developmental services such as victim/offender and family mediation, mental health treatment and/or counseling, education rights assistance, academic assistance, life skills, and vocational/job training.
- Maintain regular contact with providers to monitor progress.
- Make home and school visitations as needed.
- Assist with the development of effective assessment and case management procedures and systems.
- Maintain accurate case files; collect and report data as needed for reports and evaluation.
- Act as a preceptor to assigned office interns.
- Participate in staff training and partner meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Performing duties of the Case Manager I (ERJC Program) may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8 – 6, every other Friday 8 – 5; must be flexible to work late hours to accommodate program clients (10:30am – 8:30pm) once or twice per week.
This position will be stationed in Inglewood and may require occasional travel to our Pacoima, South Los Angeles and Hawthorne offices.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position, including benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period. Our benefits program includes a 50% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), time off accruals and holiday pay. Dental, vision and supplemental insurances are also available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
CYS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
CYS, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform CYS, Inc. by sending an email to email@example.com. To learn more about CYS, Inc. or the services provided, you may visit the website at cys-la.org.