5 Penn Plaza
The Digital Technology Manager / Senior Web Developer is responsible for leading AIUSA’s day-to-day web production and user experience across multiple websites and microsites. This position is a member of AIUSA’s Public Affairs team, reporting to the Deputy Executive Director.
- Manages web development and digital content production
- Creates project scope through analysis of user needs, technical requirements and limitations, project life-cycle, cross-departmental deadlines, and budget
- Develops and implements day-to-day lead technology strategies for AIUSA’s digital work from architecting programs, to researching processes and advancements in technology, to providing the highest level of efficiency and quality in collaboration with other digital and communications staff
- Develops and deploys new applications
- Builds and maintains internal content management system, associated servers, database servers, and continually monitors overall performance, stability, and security over time. Recommends upgrades and platform changes and implements these recommendations
- Builds custom content, such as interactive maps and dynamic web pages, and websites for special AIUSA campaigns, projects, and events.
- Develops, tests, and optimizes new user web and email templates for desktop, tablet, mobile, and other emerging platforms
- In coordination with the unit Directors, develops and executes best-in-class user experiences across AIUSA’s digital assets and engagement campaigns, acting as the subject matter expert
- Provides expertise on UX best practices, conducting usability tests when needed, and providing support for web and mobile based strategies and development.
- Provides training for AIUSA staff, interns, and members to more effectively and efficiently utilize digital and technology tools across the organization, including training on basic web editing and production
- Oversees execution, troubleshooting and maintaining quality control as needed. Provides additional support for production tasks, especially more complex requests, when needed
- Liaises with stakeholders across departments and external vendors throughout the production and planning process
- May manage staff and/or vendors handling web development/production and/or digital technology
- Keeps abreast of human rights news and current and ongoing advances in digital and technology tools including innovations in information dissemination, social media and engagement platforms, multimedia, and open source technologies
- Presents a positive image of work group and AIUSA to others
- May regularly represent the organization with external coalitions and audiences with guidance from supervisor
- Participates in shared responsibility and collaboration with the volunteer and internal and external constituents
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- BA in Computer Programming, Web Design or 5-8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3, and SCSS.
- Familiarity with the CLI and using package managers like NPM, homebrew, or something similar.
- Advanced understanding of the concepts and tools behind UI, UX, and mobile responsive best practices.
- Experience administrating a Content Management System, preferably WordPress or Drupal.
- Strong hands-on experience with PHP, MySQL, and Apache.
- Experience managing servers for web, DNS, and email.
- Ability to follow quality assurance procedures to ensure professional quality external products
- Ability to maintain focus while working on multiple, simultaneous projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Experience working within a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform like Engaging Networks, Salsa, or Salesforce is a plus
- Management experience of a dev or design team preferred.
- Proven track record of technical strategy to support digital campaigns.
Minimum Education Required