Director of Finance and Administration
31 Jefferson Street
Nonprofit youth agency in New Haven seeks Director of Finance & Administration with strong experience in nonprofit financial management, Quickbooks, grants management and audit support.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration will execute and lead on all financial management of the organization as described in more detail below. She/he will serve on the senior management team of the organization and will report to the Executive Director.
LEAP is an organization dedicated to the development and advancement of young people and individuals committed to social change. Candidates must be committed to the mission and goals of LEAP and have the capacity to work in an environment that fosters such goals and engages in collegial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and interpret accounting information designed to meet the various needs of management and Board of Directors.
- Manage a half time staff member dedicated to payroll and other limited accounting services.
- Responsible for operating the organization’s accounting system, including the recording of transactions and the preparation of financial statements, budgets and other accounting reports. LEAP uses Quickbooks.
- Responsible for the maintenance of internal controls and development of controls where needed.
- Create financial plan in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Make regular reports on the organization’s finances to the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Oversee all accounting, payroll, employee onboarding, banking and human resource functions.
- Manage accounts payable and receivables.
- Produce all financial reports for restricted funding sources.
- Update and maintain finance department manual.
- Oversee annual audit process and produce all schedules required from auditors.
- Serve on the management team of the organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education is required. Significant experience in nonprofit accounting, financial, internal controls and business management required. Strong organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com and put “Director of Finance” in he subject line of the email. To learn more about LEAP, go to www.leapforkids.org.
LEAP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis. Position will be filled once a qualified candidate has been selected.