John Smith House
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
The Corporate Finance Team develop, manage and control Oxfam’s corporate management, accounting and statutory financial reporting work, operational finance, payroll, treasury function and financial systems. We provide leadership in accounting and financial policy.
Oxfam seeks to promote a Gift Aid & Tax Manager to manage tax affairs and end to end gift processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting, compliance, efficiency strategy and planning.
Reporting to the Deputy Finance Director – Corporate, the Gift Aid & Tax Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Effective management of staff
- Strategic tax management, planning & compliance including external representation
- Tax and related financial support and advice for Oxfam trading subsidiaries’ boards
- Tax support and advice for budget and senior managers
- Increase awareness of tax legislation in Oxfam
- Manage submission of tax returns to strict deadlines
- Administer, analyse and regularly report Oxfam’s irrecoverable VAT costs
- Oversee tax in financial systems and support information systems development
- Provide overall direction of end to end gift aid processes within Oxfam
- Influence the knowledge and development of gift aid in Oxfam
- Provide support to the immediate and wider finance team
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a professional, dynamic and analytical leader with the following:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent tax qualification with relevant financial experience
- Evidence of significant financial and/or tax experience in an equivalent large and complex organisation
- Organisation to work effectively and able to plan and prioritise own work with minimum supervision
- Adaptable and flexible to adjust priorities and respond to urgent requests
- Self-awareness to adapt advice or adjust approach where appropriate
- Experience of team management and development
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Basic Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
Location: Oxford (Oxfam House)
Hours: 36 per week
Salary: Up to £48,000 per annum
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 2nd September 2018
Up to £48,000 per annum
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
This is a challenging and unique opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated financial professional with extensive financial experience. This is not your average financial job and every day is different. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. Please note, the successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Basic Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.