43-50 Main St.
Queens Botanical Garden (QBG) is a private non-profit cultural institution located on 39 acres of New York City owned land. QBG serves over 225,000 visitors each year and strives to keep programs accessible to all audiences. The majority of visitors to the Garden (75%) speak a language other than English at home. The Garden has committed itself to addressing the complex and ever changing needs of its diverse community.
The Rental Assistant at Queens Botanical Garden provides support to the Visitor Services Department and our earned income initiatives through the rental of the Garden’s facilities and thirty-nine acres. This position reports directly to the Special Events & Rentals Manager.
- Assist with booking, marketing, and facilitating photo permits, wedding ceremonies, private parties, receptions, clubs, grounds rentals and commercial photo shoots
- Coordinate setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, signage, and tech equipment
- Provide best-in-class customer service by greeting guests and ensuring clients’ needs are met with the highest level of hospitality
- Ensure that the Garden’s standards are maintained during special events including, but not limited to monitoring noise levels, garbage disposal, and restroom cleanliness
- Assist in clerical duties of the Rental Department including checking emails, answering phone calls, and attending to walk-in inquires such as site-visits and appointment bookings
- Assist with updating QBG Events Calendar, send weekly all-staff emails regarding events, enter and monitor rental data-tracking
- Create rental invoices via FundEZ, secure monetary-contracts into QBG’ safe and record into ledger
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College degree in Hospitality or equivalent experience preferred
- Prior experience in customer service and administration
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) cash register. Experience with Counterpoint SQL or like system preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and visitors in high-volume setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in cash handling
- Physical Requirements: Duties are performed outside of a typical office environment and include frequent on-site event management and logistics. Considerable physical stamina is required as well as the ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Evening and Weekend work required, may require late evenings
- Driver’s License preferred
- Second language preferred but not required
QBG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, QBG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Level of Language Proficiency
Second language preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.