17 Battery Place
Behavioral Health Specialist – Pathway Home
Community Access is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1,200 units of supportive housing in three boroughs, a new Adult Home Initiative, advocacy and Supported Education programs, a peer-driven Crisis Respite Center, and other initiatives.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is an integral part of the multi-disciplinary Pathway Home at Community Access team. The role involves group and individual work to facilitate the transition of individuals from inpatient settings to the community by addressing their preparatory needs in the early stages of discharge planning and facilitating the development of skills and coping mechanisms, and connections to services and supports that forward personally meaningful and health-promoting goals. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Behavioral Health Specialist is a resource to other team members on issues related to mental health, substance use and other clinical concerns.
- Have an understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Community Access.
- Commitment to person-centered treatment strategies, upholding participants' rights, and self-determination in service provision.
- Master's degree or higher in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Nursing, or Psychology required.
- A minimum of 2 years' work experience with individuals with mental health concerns and other co-occurring conditions and experiences.
- Knowledge of NYC behavioral health, health home and community support programs and systems.
- Practice experience in harm reduction, person-centered, recovery and trauma-informed approaches.
- Effective team worker.
- Knowledge of crisis management techniques.
- Experience with group work.? Excellent written, verbal and computational skills.
- Ability to work with stakeholders who may have competing or divergent priorities.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, mornings, evenings and weekends in response to participant needs.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Justice Center.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.www.communityaccess.org
Minimum Education Required