Full Time Contract
The Senior Producer is responsible for all video production and related editorial content in Prague to ensure editorial and production quality is broadcast industry standard. Working with the Digital Chief Editor, the Senior Producer is a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, graphics and other elements for daily video production on multiple platforms.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the video team and Service Chief to assign, review and approve video content for broadcast on multiple platforms.
- Exercises excellent news judgment.
- Assigns content production (live guest, text, package, voice-over, reporter on set, etc.) in consultation with the host of the weekly TV program.
- Reviews all content for editorial and visual accuracy, style and thoroughness of reporting to ensure production quality meets RFE/RL standards. Can kill content if there are editorial, audio or visual problems.
- Works with the Line Producer to write the rundown and bring the weekly show to air.
- Assigns video and graphics editors, coordinating production to meet deadlines while mentoring staff on best practices.
- Works with graphic designers and video producers to determine the visual look, pacing and content of the weekly TV program.
- Discusses TV production in a postmortem, providing constructive feedback.
- Liaisons with studio staff.
- Trains production techniques and new technology.
- Shares content with other services at RFE/RL.
- Looks ahead on the calendar, planning future show elements and special events coverage.
- Contributes coverage ideas to the Service Chief for discussion at editorial meetings.
- Takes responsibility for developing own management and technical skills.
- Other duties may be required as specified by management.
Education & Experience
- University degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Television news producer experience (5 years).
- Experience producing news programs in a TV control room.
- Able to act as a team leader in managing staff.
- Proven leadership in exercising sound editorial judgment in sensitive situations.
- Deep understanding of the media market and how best to connect with the audience to broaden and expand audience impact and reach.
- Comprehensive content creation skills including the ability to produce, report, write and edit content for multiple platforms that can be cited as an example of best-practice journalism.
- Displays innovative, creative, cross-platform approach to journalism, resulting in viable ideas for coverage and delivery.
- Evidence of creatively producing video content (including non-visual elements) on all platforms.
- Consistently pitches original ideas and meets or beats deadlines.
- Ability to digitally edit video.
- Familiarity with video formats and file transfers.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team.
- Able to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Able to effectively use all RFE/RL content management systems and a broadcast MAM.
- Willingness and ability to work with new audio and video technologies, newsroom systems, information research tools and digital platforms to improve news gathering practices in the service.
- Takes responsibility for personal professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Kazakh (fluent) - mandatory
- Russian (fluent) - mandatory
- English (spoken/written) - mandatory
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com or http://www.lmcg2.com/pd/1276813396/?rps=202, including in the subject line the vacancy number BKA1191-1801.