745 Atlantic Avenue
About JA Worldwide
As one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs, JA Worldwide prepares young people for employment and entrepreneurship. For 100 years, JA has delivered hands on, experiential learning in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. We create pathways for employability, job creation, and financial success. Each year, our network of over 450,000 volunteers serves more than 10 million students in over 100 countries.
You are passionate about the success of future generations and have a strong interest in joining a culturally diverse, global team in one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs. You live, breathe, and dream in Illustrator and are the go-to person for family/friends/co-workers when designing…anything. You are an associate level professional with an appetite (read: obsession) for all things design. You are committed to and get most excited when doing meaningful, mission-driven work. The pace of our work can be fast and demanding, and sometimes project scopes can change late in the process, but you understand that and are accustomed to rolling with the punches.
This newly created position sits on the JA Worldwide Marketing & Communications team in Boston, MA. As a member of the global marketing team, your closest team members are based out of Knoxville, Tennessee, and Stockholm, Sweden, and you will interact daily with the development team in Boston.
The three primary areas of responsibility for this position include: graphic design, social-media management, and writing for the web, all related to our funded partnerships. You’ll help shape the brand’s voice to both internal and external audiences.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- In Illustrator, design graphics and infographics for social media, web, and print that showcase the work of our funded partnerships.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro or Apple Final Cut Pro, create animated and live-action videos related to our funded partnerships.
- Occasionally use InDesign to layout and design books and reports.
Social Media Management:
- Post on JA Worldwide's social media accounts, track analytics, and report on social-media outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in social-media, live video, augmented and virtual reality.
Writing for the web:
- Write compelling web content about our funded partnerships for social media, our website, and other online channels.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in SEO/SEM, and Google AdWords.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, English, communications, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years of professional graphic design experience, this could include internships, volunteer work and/or co-op experience
- A strong proficiency in Illustrator and proven graphic design skills, as demonstrated by a design portfolio
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- The ability to be flexible and shift among changing priorities
- The ability to work well with global colleagues in different time zones and the capacity to adapt to cultural nuances
- A global mindset and an interest in youth employment, entrepreneurship, and international development
- Flexibility and be adaptable, but also focused on deadlines and commitments
- The ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, as it will be required a few times each year
Desired skills include:
- Experience managing branded social media on behalf of a company/organization/individual, especially B2B or grant experience is strongly preferred. Volunteer experience on behalf of a brand is welcome. (Personal social media activity does not qualify as experience).
- Experience writing compelling and accurate content for online channels is strongly preferred. We welcome collegiate and volunteer experience.
- InDesign experience is preferred. Willingness to learn video production is an acceptable substitute, making video-production experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a strong cover letter, resume, and graphic-design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must have US work authorization
Minimum Education Required