Senior Project Manager- Affordable Housing Development/Construction
- Job posted by Clinton Housing Development Company Inc. - New York
403 West 40th Street
Nature of Work
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day project management of affordable housing development projects, including coordinating all development activities with the appropriate lenders, joint venture partners, contractors, owners, architects, engineers and government agencies. The Senior Project Manager will also provide direction to others on the Development team to ensure projects proceed successfully. Current CHDC projects range from 10 to 100+ units and include both substantial rehabilitation and new construction.
- Create project précis and narrative.
- Engage and coordinate project consultants including architect, engineers, surveyor, owner’s rep, and environmental designer.
- Prepare site feasibility and zoning analyses.
- Prepare project underwriting including development and operating budgets.
- Work with government agencies and lenders to obtain regulatory and financing approval
- Represent organization and present project during public approval process.
- Coordinate with project attorneys to prepare, collect and organize all closing documents.
- Attend construction meetings.
- Provide direction and identify solutions on matters that arise during the construction process
- Coordinate consultants, review work, and track progress.
- Ensure construction quality meets company standards
- Obtain approvals of contractor requisitions, invoices, and vouchers from lenders.
- Track and monitor the project budget.
- Manage change order process and track all proposed change orders.
- Work with architect and general contractor to track and monitor submittals and approvals.
Close out phase:
- Work with architect, expeditor and general contractor to obtain temporary and final certificate of occupancy.
- Work with city agencies to secure appropriate tax exemption certificate.
- Assist in the marketing and lease up process
- Complete hand over of project to CHDC operations staff
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 4 years related work experience required or a Master’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Proven knowledge of housing development process and/or prior work experience in housing development.
- Prior experience overseeing projects in construction is a must
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Must be a self-starter with drive to take projects to completion
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Must be comfortable in the field as well as in an office setting
- Computer literacy required, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Director of Housing Development
$65,000 to $75,000 total compensation including a 2 bedroom apartment and utilities in Midtown Manhattan (Hell’s Kitchen) (apartment and utilities valued $16,200; base salary at $48,800 to $58,800).
- 2 bedroom apartment and utilities in Midtown Manhattan
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application: send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org