El Programa Hispano Catlico (EPHC) is an organization that supports individuals to live to one's fullest potential. For more nearly 40 years, our mission - "Advance racial equity and social justice through the power of our Latinx roots, culture, and community"- has responded to local needs by addressing the social determinants of health. This is achieved through the following program areas: Housing, Economic Opportunity, Education, Community Wellness and DV/SA Prevention and Intervention. Today, EPHC serves more than 20,000 people annually and employs more than 70 staff members, all of whom are bilingual and over 95% are bicultural as well.
Workforce Re-engagement Specialist
Full Time (40 Hours a Week) Non-exempt
Grant funded position thru June 2021
Reports to: Economic Opportunities Program Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Workforce Re-engagement Specialist will work with a cohort-based caseload of individuals as well as facilitate periodic culturally specific professional and life skills development designed to provide career exploration, career mapping, job resiliency and readiness, employment, and employment retention.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Career & Employment Assistance
- Develop and update culturally specific career development curriculum to include but not limited to such topics as resume building, cover letter writing, career mapping and workforce expectations.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with Adult Basic Education and ESL specialist.
- Work collaboratively with Adult Educator to integrate current training resources into pilot curriculum.
- Leverage existing resources to remove participants' barriers to employment opportunities.
- Participate in project and partner trainings, meetings as related to project success.
- Maintain accurate documentation and reporting of participant activities, progress and outcomes.
- Schedule and conduct one-on-one, small group, and large group coaching sessions to help participants resolve barriers to employment.
- Work to maximize employment retention through ongoing communication and continued professional development support.
- Develop and maintain individual and group culturally specific life skills curriculum to include but not limited to topics such as financial empowerment, workplace performance tools, and conflict resolution.
- Provide mentorship to a cohort-based caseload of Latinx participants designed to provide holistic support and personal empowerment.
- Conduct Program eligibility screening and progress files.
- Engage participants in lessons which increase emotional capacity for career growth.
- Participate in EPHC all-staff meetings and team meetings
- Enter data into the Service Point and Salesforce database.
- Maintain confidential client files in compliance with El Programa Hispano Catlico and funder standards.
- Follow El Programa Hispano Catlico policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITIES.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Understanding a wide variety of employment industries, current employment trends, and culturally specific motivation techniques.
- Job development and placement experience.
- Experience creating and presenting culturally specific curriculum and employment development in the Latinx community.
- Able to establish trust and credibility quickly with community members and organizations.
- Experience working with diverse populations (specifically the Latinx community) providing skills development, career and/or life coaching.
- Experience with case management, pre-employment activities and job search development, especially for people of color and other marginalized groups.
- Experience providing instruction to groups of adults and coaching individuals in need of building life skills and working in a multi-cultural social services environment.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and biculturally competent.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, social sciences or or four years of professional
- experience providing skills development, career coaching, and/or life coaching equivalent experience required.
- Understanding of the barriers, engagement techniques, and various learning styles of individuals from diverse background.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and delivering trainings and presentations.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and have a high attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in team setting; adapt well to dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to support organizational and program specific mission and goals.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have driver's license, access to vehicle and automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from criminal background check required