Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (national applicants)
Unit: Programs, Near East Foundation in Lebanon
Reports to: Country Representative, NEF Lebanon
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Travel: Regular travel to field sites in Lebanon.
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking candidates for a national Monitoring and Evaluation Officer position, to be based in its Lebanon office. For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. Working through a network of country offices and local partners, NEF currently operates in nine countries: Armenia, Jordan, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Palestine, Senegal, Syria and Sudan. Its programs are organized around three themes: Inclusive Economic Development, Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, and Peacebuilding.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officeris a member of the Near East Foundation team in Lebanon, reporting to the Country Representative. The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to ensure all M&E responsibilities are performed to the highest standards and according to donor and NEF guidelines. The post-holder also assumes communication and visibility responsibilities for the Lebanon operation.
· Design and update the Project’s Logframe and M&E Plan;
· Manage and report on the implementation of the Project’s M&E plan;
· Operationalize all the NEF M&E procedures and tools (AKVO software and smartphones, NEF Database, etc.);
· Train, support and supervise the volunteers and field agents (NEF and partners) implementing the vulnerability assessments, baselines, follow-up and end-line surveys (with AKVO tools), and collecting project’s activity data (in NEF Database);
· Conduct the INA and focus groups in close collaboration with other team members;
· Conduct capacity building trainings for partner organizations as needed;
· Conduct regular field monitoring visits and follow-up, including carrying out focus group discussions with NEF beneficiaries as requested;
· Review and ensure the quality and accuracy of the data collected and stored (data cleaning and entry);
· Treat and analyze the data against performance indicators, and inform promptly when progress against project indicators are ahead or behind target;
· Review and contribute to the finalization of quarterly, annual and final reports;
· Provide feedback on project strategies and activities for improving performances and sustainability;
· Participate to the country coordination monthly calls organized by the HQ-based Program Officer;
· Facilitate the statistical analysis (using excel or equivalent tool) for impact assessments;
· Facilitate the processes for mid-term and/or final evaluations;
· Contribute to the program learning activities and analysis;
· Participate in the design and development of future project proposals;
· Collect and preparecommunication and visibility materials (project overviews, project fact sheets, success stories, website material, etc);
· Prepare and accompany field visits of NEF and external visitors, photographers, journalists, or media;
· Perform other duties as required and requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Statistics, International Development, or related fields;
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity with humanitarian and/or development organizations;
· Knowledge of and experience with the Lebanon-specific humanitarian context;
· Experience using M&E software, for example AKVO or equivalent software;
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications, including Access, Excel, Word;
· Excellent in written and oral English and Arabic;
· Must be eligible to work and reside in Lebanon without NEF sponsorship
Position Success Criteria:
· Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team;
· Able to read and analyze documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively;
· Requires solid written and verbal communication skills;
· Good interpersonal and cultural sensitivity skills;
· Flexibility and willingness to travel to the field and engage with vulnerable communities.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” containing the following documents:
1. Cover letter outlining relevant experience and skills based on the requirements outlinedabove
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Application deadline:16 September 2018. NEF reserves the right to close the position before the application deadline if a suitable candidate is identified. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.