650 South Exeter Street
Since 2013 following the release of the updated Waterfront Master Plan Inner Harbor 2.0, Waterfront Partnership has sought to identify, test feasibility, plan, design, fundraise and implement projects to upgrade existing or add amenities to make the Harbor more attractive and attract locals to the Inner Harbor. With a focus primarily on physical development of Parks and addition of greenery, the Special Projects Director also identifies ways to create place making opportunities, to program, better activate and manage public spaces.
This senior level position reports to the President. This position will collaborate internally with senior staff members. Outside the Organization, the position also coordinates with area retailers, project stakeholders, area employers and employees, City representatives, and corporate sponsors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for implementing several key projects including development of Rash Field Park, enhancements to West Shore Park including identification of best uses for the former Spirit Cruise building and rehabilitation of the building.
· Work collaboratively with the President to define and communicate project goals and progress
· Develop schedules for project implementation
· Develop and manage project budgets
· Oversee contract management and contract negotiations with contractors and consultants including landscape architects, engineers and builders
· Identify, convene, and manage communication with project stakeholders
· Identify sequence of activities, identify and assist in seeking public and private resources and approvals needed to successfully complete projects; identifies grant opportunities and prepares grant proposals
· Execute project activities and monitor and report on the progress of the projects of senior staff and board
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project and make adjustments according to project goals
· Manage relationships with City agencies to implement projects including but not limited to, overseeing management agreements, city-related funding sources, and city purchasing processes.
· Assumes responsibility for new Projects as identified
Public Space Activation and Management
· Place making at the Inner Harbor Amphitheater to support our Street Performer program and Inner Harbor Ice Rink.
· Identifies additional opportunities for placemaking and activation of public promenade; tests feasibility; recommends and manages processes for implementation
· Collaborate internally with the Event Manager and Marketing Director on programming plans for park projects
· Collaborate internally with the Director of Marketing on fundraising and sponsorship plans
· Assist President in preparing and executing fundraising strategies for Special Projects
· Track availability of City, State, and private Grant funding
· Complete sponsorship and grant applications
· Collaborate with funding partners to organize fundraising campaigns and events
· On an as needed basis, prepare documents, research, spreadsheets, and presentations required for doing business
· Support other members of the Partnership team as needed
· Strong team ethic required
· Bachelor Degree required
· Minimum five years’ experience working in professional environment specifically in project management, landscape design, urban design or development, or related field
· Strong oral, written, interpersonal, and management skills, in addition to the ability to work with and manage a broad spectrum of professions
· Highly organized
· Experience building, managing, and tracking budgets
· Experience with Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and excel
· Demonstrated ability to assess risk and creatively solve problems
· Self starter / self motivated
· Experience in dealing with or working for a public, quasi-public, or non- profit entity
· Salary commensurate with qualifications
Benefits include : Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (Employer contribution), Employer Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability, Employer Paid Life Insurance, 401k with match, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay, and Fun Company Events
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Laurie@WaterfrontPartnership.org. Be sure to include "Director of Special Projects" in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.