Details: Contract is for $17.98/hour
8251 Shoppers Square
Job Title: Workforce and ESOL Instructor
Job Status: Part-time (20 hours per week)
The Workforce and ESOL Instructor will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program using program approved curriculum. This position will plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning in the adult education classroom. The instructor will assist with workforce development and ESOL class coordination, as well as workforce development and job training initiatives for adult ESOL learners throughout Northern Virginia. Class coordination involves conducting student registrations, collecting student demographic data, regularly supervising and observing classroom instruction, assist with training volunteer teachers, and substitute teaching when necessary. The Workforce and ESOL Instructor also manages and is responsible for the maintenance of the computer lab which includes computer hardware and software application updates and ensuring computers are in working order. The Workforce and ESOL Instructor will also perform other related duties as assigned.
· BA or Associates in Education, social sciences, or an international field of study
· TESOL Certificate preferred
· Two or more years of experience working in a multi-cultural setting
· One or more years of experience developing curriculum for classroom instruction
· One or more years of teaching experience
· Demonstrated experience working with volunteers
· Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English) strongly preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 or later
· Superior writing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Valid driver’s license and regular access to a car
This position is non-exempt and requires regular weeknight and some weekend hours. There is a three-month provisional period for this position. This position runs through 6/30/2019 pending additional funding.
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual fluent in Spanish and English strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required