9803 Old Saint Augustine Road
The position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and is an integral part of Clarke’s regional Development Team in addition to being an integral part of the teams in Jacksonville and Orlando, working closely with the Campus Co-Directors, administration and teaching staff.
This is a full-time salaried position located in Jacksonville, FL with required travel to the Orlando area. Attendance at events outside of traditional business hours, including evenings and weekends, are necessary on a periodic basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as Clarke’s front-line fundraiser and primary liaison with families, donors, foundations and corporate sponsors in the Jacksonville and Orlando areas
· Manage and oversee volunteers and volunteer committees, including Clarke Jacksonville’s Leadership Council, and develop volunteer activities, programs and recognition
· Develop and manage local and regional fundraising initiatives including but not limited to benefit days, classroom and holiday gift drives, etc.
· Manage and enhance existing fundraising events including the Ice Cream Run and the Silver Bells Party to raise funds and awareness and to cultivate donors; develop and launch new events as needed
· Attract support for the school via Clarke’s Sponsor a Child program; manage donor communications and donor tracking
· Conduct research about prospects, donors, celebrities and potential VIPs and share research with staff and key volunteers
· Identify major gifts and planned giving prospects and involve the Chief Development Officer in developing the prospects employing a Moves Management strategy
· Use Raiser’s Edge to record and track data and actions about prospects, donors and volunteers
· Maintain electronic and paper files as they relate to donors, prospects, projects, events, and committees
· Develop and provide reports on events and initiatives and provide quarterly reports on donations to the Campus Co-Directors and Chief Development Officer.
· Initiate and coordinate visits and meetings with prospects, donors and corporate sponsors and include the Interim Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer, Campus Co-Directors and/or Trustees and other key volunteers as needed
· Collaborate with and support the Director of Foundation Relations on foundation research, proposal and report writing and foundation visits including securing information from Campus Co-Directors and other staff as needed
· Collaborate with the Communications Department on a variety of development related projects including developing content for social media and printed materials including brochures, invitations, ads, etc.
· Work with the Communications Department on media outreach
· Engage in community outreach by meeting with and speaking to local civic groups about Clarke and coordinating on-campus visits and events for community visitors
· Attend networking and professional development events, such as those offered by the local chamber of commerce, like-oriented business associations and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
· Serve as the project leader or assist with developing and implementing Clarke-wide fundraising plans and solicitation strategies
· Actively participate in regular meetings with the Development Team and Communications Department
· Work on special projects and other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, attention to detail and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment within an organization that is experiencing rapid change and growth. The individual exhibits:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
· Ability to work as part of a team, with a variety of people and to collaborate with staff at all organizational levels and across departments and locations
· Strong oral communication skills, including public speaking
· Strong written communication skills and experience drafting and developing fundraising and event materials
· Experience developing and implementing fundraising plans, initiatives and events
· Experience leading and managing volunteers and volunteer committees
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge or another donor database
· Enthusiasm for, and working knowledge of, social media, online fundraising and e-marketing
· Strong project management and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Three or more years of experience in development and fundraising with demonstrated results
· Commitment to professional growth
· Commitment to the mission of the school
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter.