Mission: Bishop O’Dowd High School is a Catholic college-preparatory community, guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, that educates its diverse student body to build a more just, joyful and sustainable world.
Charism: Finding God in all things calls us to Community in Diversity, Strength of Character, Academic Excellence, Kinship With Creation, Social Justice, Joy
- The Development Database Associate supports the Development Department’s fundraising efforts by communicating effectively with donors and ensuring accurate and timely data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database.This position is responsible for managing gift processes, including entering contributions into Raiser's Edge, producing acknowledgement letters, and managing the pledge collection process. The Development Database Associate also performs data entry, produces reports and assists with department projects as assigned by the Development Services Manager.
Job requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Enters all charitable contributions to Bishop O’Dowd into Raiser’s Edge and produces donor acknowledgement letters
- Generates credit card and direct debit transactions for charitable gifts
- Produces pledge reminder letters and contacts donors when pledge payments have lapsed
- Addresses questions and concerns from donors verbally and in writing
- Maintains organized hardcopy and electronic giving files
- Updates constituent data daily and performs larger data entry projects monthly and yearly
- Prepares giving reports for Development staff and financial reports for Business Office staff
- Assists with updating gift processing procedures based on best practices for data entry and donor acknowledgement
- Provides basic Raiser’s Edge training for staff and volunteers
- Assists with several weekend and evening department events and supports the team’s other efforts as assigned
A successful candidate will:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Appropriately manage highly-confidential information
- Establish a culture that is built on strong relationships and allows for risk-taking
- Provide inquiry-based strategies to consistently assess and innovate program and workflow
- Be a self-aware and reflective practitioner
- Skillfully promote equity and justice work
- Be coachable and demonstrate a drive to learn ways to improve professional skills and implement best practices
- Have a growth mindset, positive attitude, flexibility, and passion for working in a high school setting
- Support the Catholic mission and charism of the school
- Work with pride and enthusiasm as a member of the O’Dowd community
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related education or experience applicable to the responsibilities of the position
- Evidenced knowledge of and experience in required job area
- Experience with databases preferred
- Knowledge of basic fundraising concepts, practices and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to foster a safe, inclusive, equitable, and joyful working environment and experience engaging with diverse working environments
- Proven success collaborating with colleagues and innovating practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Additionally, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references with your application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Bishop O’Dowd High School, please see our website at: http://bishopodowd.org.
Bishop O’Dowd High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment policies and procedures. It follows the Diocese of Oakland's policies prohibiting illegal harassment, retaliation or discrimination. Bishop O’Dowd is a Roman Catholic high school with a stated mission and charism that reflects the teachings and educational philosophy of the Diocese of Oakland and reserves the right to require all current and prospective employees to carry out their duties and responsibilities in a manner that demonstrates respect for the school’s mission and Catholic identity.