At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 46 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 15,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To us, providing a world-class education means we are educating the whole child. That is why our K-12 exploration-driven curriculum includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
With our rapid growth and commitment to excellence, Success Academy is seeking a High School Athletic Director -- someone to develop a rigorous and robust high school athletics program, first at our single high school, but then across our growing number of high schools.
As the High School Athletic Director, you will:
- Inspire a profound love of athletics in all students
- Develop and refine a rigorous sports curriculum and provide oversight for all athletics programs and activities at the high school
- Manage effective systems relating to faculty support and professional partnerships
- Invest parents and families in the transformative role athletics can play in children’s lives
To be considered for the High School Athletic Director position, you must:
- Be an experienced educator and athletic coach with a firm commitment to educational reform
- Have a demonstrated ability to lead in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and can successfully provide professional development activities for teachers and coaches
- Have impeccable presentation skills to effectively communicate with a diverse set of audiences, from scholars and families, to colleagues, to outside organizations and donors
- Effectively build relationships that welcome the opportunity to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to implement the best possible athletic program
- Be a learner
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.