Details: DOE, Benefits
Bellwether Housing is seeking an exceptionally talented Lead Compliance Specialist to assist compliance manager with overseeing compliance for the Bellwether portfolio. In this role, you will complete annual reporting to public funders and investors. You will develop and refine policies for compliance, interpret regulatory agreements, and interface with funding agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the regulatory agreements that exist between Bellwether and funding sources.
- Knowledge of Tax Credit, HUD, City, State and other funder requirements to leasing and compliance policies.
- Monitor external funder regulations for updates and clarifications.
- Work in collaboration with Property Managers and Compliance staff to develop and update policies.
- Plan and coordinate timely income recertification of residents in all properties.
- Conduct review of housing applications/eligibility certification to determine initial eligibility of applicants.
- Assist with the annual funder reporting process, including monitoring accurate and timely data entry in eSite.
- Collaborate with other departments during development of new projects.
- Prepare and review resident eligibility files for audits by external funders.
- Monitor screening policies in accordance with fair housing laws and funder regulatory agreements.
- Maintain confidentiality of applicant and resident information.
- Train new Compliance staff, HUD/Non-HUD Site Managers on leasing and recertification policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of affordable housing occupancy compliance; demonstrating knowledge of initial and annual certification, including calculating household income for eligibility.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in compliance activities required by Section 42 Tax Credits, HOME, HUD and public funding
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS), Spectrum Certified Credit Compliance Professional (C3P).
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Experience in collaborative procedure making.
- Applying Section 8 voucher program, federal fair housing laws, and landlord/tenant laws.
- Analyze and interpret complex legal documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate in English.
- Exceptional customer service aptitude.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- NAHMA & SHCM certification.
- eSite, WBARS, MS Access, Adobe Pro experience
- Familiarity with service enriched housing programs.
- Familiarity with Seattle Housing Authority Project and Tenant Based voucher program.
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Compensation: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required