1612 K Street NW
Position: Finance and Administrative Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
About Education for Employment
Education for Employment (EFE) is an affiliated network of locally run non-profit organizations that creates economic opportunity for youth in the Middle East and North Africa. Young people in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) face significant obstacles to finding a job, and the impact of their bleak employment prospects is felt not only by the youth themselves, but by their families, communities and societies as a whole. Education For Employment’s (EFE) mission is to create economic opportunity for unemployed youth in the Middle East and North Africa by providing world class professional and technical training that leads directly to jobs and entrepreneurship support. EFE strives to empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that alleviate poverty and create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
Summary of Position:
The Finance and Administrative Specialist is a member of the Washington DC based Global Program Team, and reports to the Director of Finance, Compliance, and Administration. This role will provide finance, grants, compliance, and administrative support to the EFE-Global team and all EFE Affiliates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain grant and contract electronic and paper files ensuring proper supporting documentation is maintained where necessary.
· Review sub-recipient expense reports for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with donor regulations and requirements.
· Prepare invoices and financial reports.
· Coordinate issuance of sub-awards, consultancies, and other contractual arrangements.
· Support managing grant and contract closeout in coordination with programmatic staff and affiliates.
· Provide support in areas including, finance, grants and contracts management, proposal budget development, and finance policies and procedures.
· Support event and trip planning, such as networking and learning meeting, including coordinating logistical arrangements and schedule planning.
· Provide administrative assistance to the DC office as needed including preparing expense reports, updating contact management system, maintaining files, organizing meetings, and other activities as required.
· Provide basic benefits and file maintenance.
· Order supplies and maintain office space environment.
· Other tasks as assigned.
This positions report to the Director of Finance, Compliance, and Administration.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3 - 5 years relevant work experience;
· Experience in working on financial, administrative, and/or compliance management of donor funded programs, including US government and private foundation grants and contracts preferred;
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a diverse team;
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
· Excellent written and oral communications skills. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French would be an asset; and,
· Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Compensation: Commensurate with achievement, experience, and salary history. EFE offers health, vacation and other benefits.
IMMEDIATE OPENING. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Finance and Administrative Specialist” in the subject line of your email.**No phone calls please**
Education For Employment (EFE) is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the EFE's policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our employment practices.
Minimum Education Required