As CEO continues it’s nationwide expansion to serve and employ more participants each day, increasing the capacity of our Social Enterprise operations is key to this growth.
In order to ensure our social enterprise work crews are set up for success and are equipped to meet client demands, CEO is searching for a Cost Estimator/Project Manager (Social Enterprise) to ensure we are appropriately pricing and equipping all social enterprise crews. As CEO’s primary national estimator, you will be responsible for estimating the costs of projects and preparing budgets and bid estimates based on current labor, equipment and material costs across all of our national jurisdictions.
This new and exciting role offers the opportunity for the individual hired to make recommendations and implement nationwide policies, systems, and procedures that will be instrumental in contributing to the growth in number of people CEO is able to impact on a daily basis!
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
- Review contracts, plans, and reports to understand all crew need specifications and use in estimating the labor, material, and time requirements needed to compute the overall cost of the project
- Manage the pre-work budgeting process on individual projects, including multi-disciplinary projects ranging from $100,000 to $3 million in size per contract year
- Research, prepare, edit, update and maintain all bid/estimating documentation for a diverse portfolio of current and upcoming projects including warehousing, construction, vegetation maintenance, litter abatement, DOT services, and additional disciplines
- Maintain a database of historic bids and bid prices for future use
- Identify, contract, and consult with external professional experts including architects, engineers, etc.
- Conduct and/or facilitate site visits across the country to determine crew scopes
- Quickly develop expertise in estimations across industries as needed by CEO
- Serve as a technical resource with a focus on optimizing the work to be done efficiently and effectively
- Facilitate (in collaboration with) cross-functional teams to identify supply needs and possible vendors for all national social enterprise contracts to ensure on-time delivery
- Support in negotiating social enterprise vendor contracts (using RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) to ensure competitive market advantage and leverage CEO spending power
- Work with internal and external stakeholders (IE National Site-specific staff, outside vendors, and contractors) to ensure timely delivery of materials for downstream processes
Office Inventory Support
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to determine comprehensive social enterprise supplies and inventory solution needs for all necessary safety and job-specific needs
- Implement processes to identify and analyze supply gaps and develop training initiatives and programs to help drive results
- Influence cross-functional teams while enhancing strong internal relationships in order to meet business requirements and cost objectives
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with a degree in Supply Chain Management or 5 years of professional work experience in sourcing, logistics planning, vendor management contracts negotiation, and/or estimating; you’re skilled in negotiation and networking and have some experience developing and implementing strategy, processes, and systems
- You have deep experience in the estimation of work related to disaster recovery, construction, janitorial services, and/or any other crew-based work. If not experience, you have a strong interest in pursuing education in these areas.
- You have experience coordinating multiple complex projects, maintaining workflows under pressure despite setbacks; you are detail-oriented and enjoy employing your organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support your performance
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to anticipate and solve problems as they come and you exercise good judgment and use common sense in managing unexpected and, at times, challenging situations
- You have a growth mindset that demonstrates a willingness to learn, an ability to adapt and agility to quickly shift priorities to meet the changing needs of our work
- You have superb communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical contributors in a contextually intelligent manner
- You’re comfortable learning various systems and navigating how to access, organize and analyze data, and you have some experience in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You’re comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- Knowledge of estimation and sourcing processes and tools
- Strong understanding of legal concepts as related to contract negotiations
- Experience estimating disaster recovery, construction, janitorial services, and any other crew-based work
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org