301 East 29th Street
Churchill School & Center, a school for students with language-based learning disabilities, is seeking three assistant teachers for a High School Social Studies department.
Ideal candidates will have a degree in social studies education or a related field and have some teaching experience (LD experience a plus).
Supporting Head Teacher:
- collaborating on curriculum, lessons, and assignments
- grading student work and participation
- classroom management
- managing logistics: attendance each period, maintaining website, assignments
- tracking students' work and progress
- developing critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and tools to become independent, predominantly college-bound learners
- extra-help / one-to-one help
- record keeping
- break-down / scaffold assignments
The assistant position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with students with learning disabilities. It allows assistants to pursue professional goals in a supportive and positive work environment. Assistants have the opportunity to develop assignments and lessons lead discussions and utilize technology to support learning objectives of the classroom.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com