30 West 26th Street
The Manager, HR Administration & Benefits will be based at our National Office in New York City. This is a full-time position and is available immediately.
At New Leaders, we identify talented educators who believe that all kids can excel and equip them to transform schools and students’ lives. Our programs provide intensive training to leaders at all levels — from teachers to superintendents — so they have the skills to improve instruction, accelerate student learning, and build a brighter future for their communities.
We work hand-in-hand with our partners, delivering leadership solutions that build on their strengths and address their most pressing priorities. While each program is unique, all emphasize authentic practice and expert coaching to prepare leaders to elevate teaching and learning. We also help our partners develop the capacity to do this work in-house, using our proven training model and research-tested curriculum.
In 2001, New Leaders launched its flagship Aspiring Principals program with a cohort of 14 participants. Since then, we’ve trained nearly 2,500 outstanding education leaders in more than 20 districts and 100 charter schools. Visit NewLeaders.org to learn more.
The Manager, HR Administration & Benefits will work in close collobration with the Director, HR Administration & Benefits in support of executing all aspects of human resources compensation and benefits administration functionalities and processes for the organization. With the Director, HR Administration & Benefits, the Manager, HR Administration & Benefits will ensure that all employees are informed and have access to the resources, support, and services available to enable them to perform at their best and achieve the mission of the organization. This position will report to the Director, HR Administration & Benefits.
In partnership with the Director, Human Resources Administration and Benefits and the entire People Development & Human Resources Team, the Manager, HR Administration & Benefits will also work to build a culture at New Leaders that reflects our people focus and positions us to be recognized as an ”ideal place to work & grow” organization, internally and externally.
Our ideal candidate has a background in human resources and is committed to creating and maintaining an open and equitable work environment inclusive of everyone.
Human Resources Systems Administration
- Process the semi-monthly & weekly payroll in ADP WFN for the organization including year-end processing, quarterly reporting, and annual reconciliation of W2s.
- Manage internal user access in the ADP WFN system.
- Maintain the ADP WFN system with new hire entry, employee changes, address updates, tax changes, employment changes, and employee terminations to ensure staff data is accurate and up to date.
- Process garnishments in ADP WFN in a confidential, timely, and accurate manner.
- Produce high level and timely standard employee data reports and analysis as requested using ADP WFN.
- Manage the ADP eTime (Time & Attendance) system and ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare and send new hire offer letters and employee status change memos.
- Create and distribute annual staff merit and total compensation letters.
- Provide timely and high-quality resolutions on employee benefit issues.
- Conduct benefit orientations for new hires.
- Support the Director, Human Resources Administration and Benefits on the annual open enrollment process.
- Process employee changes in the benefit portal.
- Process 401k changes and requests.
- Support the Director, Human Resources Administration and Benefits on executing a wellness initiative and keeping the Employee Benefit Link page up to date.
- Manage, complete forms, and track employee Short Term Disability, FMLA, & NYPFL leaves.
- Assist in the preparation, processing, and execution of Severance Agreements.
- Support the Director, Human Resources Administration and Benefits on researching and implementing New Leaders Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure payroll, benefit, COBRA, and reporting compliance by assisting in the annual financial, 401k and workers compensation audit, ensuring 5500s, EEO1, and Affirmative Action Plans are filed on time for the organization.
Project & Team Support
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships, and networking with all internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Contribute as an HR team member to develop and/or enhance policies, procedures, and systems to support the goal of creating an “ideal place to work and grow.”
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences, and Competencies
· Belief that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence, and passionate commitment to New Leaders’ mission and vision.
· Deep customer service orientation.
· Strong relationship-building skills across all levels across the organization.
· Strong ability to navigate fast moving and quickly changing/growing projects.
· Exceptionally strong project management, and time management skills
· Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Systems and process-oriented.
· Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
· Strong team player
· Confidentiality and personal responsibility.
· Fluency in all Microsoft Office Applications and basic internet searches; significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Drive
· Experience with ADP WorkForce Now preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· At least four years of professional human resources experience required.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes competitive benefits package and 401K.
Important Application Notes
Your cover letter should include an explantation of your interest in New Leaders as well as the position for which you are applying. Only applications with a cover letter attached will be considered.
New Leaders is an equal opportunity employer. New Leaders evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law in administration and operation of its Programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, or treatment or employment therein. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please submit your application of interest by clicking the link provided