Details: This position offers a competitive local Guatemalan salary
Mayan Families is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organisation based in Panajachel, Guatemala, which provides opportunities and assistance to the indigenous impoverished populations of Guatemala. Through a wide variety of programs that focus on education and community development, Mayan Families operates on the principle that all people should have access to the basic necessities of life.
About the Education Department
At Mayan Families, we strongly believe that a good education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty and can create a better future for children and their families. That is why we promote education by facilitating sponsorships for thousands of students who otherwise would not have a chance to attend school. We have 3,000 students in our flagship Student Sponsorship Program and we run six Preschool Nutrition Centers serving indigenous Mayan communities.
Education Program Coordinator
We are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and attention to detail to support administrative procedures and donor relations within the Mayan Families education program. The Education Program Coordinator will report to the Education Program Manager and will work closely with the education team in order to ensure the smooth-running of our school sponsorship program, and excellent communications with all of our donors and sponsors.
This role will be evolving over the next six months, as we go through exciting structural changes in the organization.
- Coordinate the welcome process, ensuring all new sponsors receive a prompt, warm welcome to the program
- Coordinate with donors paying extra costs, and provide updates
- Answer donor queries in a timely manner
- Communicate with donors about changes in students’ academic status
- Track sponsorship payments and donations
- Ensure all student sponsorship payments are up to date and communicate with donors where payments are missing, incomplete or appear to have ceased
- Facilitate donor group visits, to include accompanying donors on visits to preschools and promoting our Preschool Nutrition Center program
- Organize and accompany donors on visits to students’ houses, thanking donors and providing visit follow-up as necessary
- Design and implement interviews with university students twice a year
- Manage special student cases and all donor communications associated with them
Coordination with the Education Team:
- Participate in regular meetings to assist in organization and management of Mayan Families programs
- Produce literature for various uses i.e: newsletter, blogs, grants, presentation
- Support fundraising and sponsorship campaigns for the education department
- Other tasks to support the education team as necessary
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or studying towards a university degree. Preferred degree subjects: Education, International Development, Social Work, Non-Profit Management or related fields
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in Spanish and English
- A positive outlook and proactive approach for managing a heavy workload
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to take initiative
- Comfortable working independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to quickly prioritize and adapt to changing needs of a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills, excellent memory, and an eye for detail
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in Latin America or with indigenous people
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM databases is preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English, bilingual
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write "Education Program Coordinator-LAST NAME" as the subject of the email.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
*ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED*
For more information please visit www.mayanfamilies.org