Production Manager, Communicating with Communities, Rohingya Refugee Camps, Bangladesh
- Job posted by Fondation Hirondelle
Full Time Contract
Fondation Hirondelle is launching a new project to support improved two-way communications between refugee populations and humanitarian organizations in the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh. As a part of this new project, we are recruiting a production manager to oversee all audio production activities in the camps.The Cox’s Bazar-based production manager’s main duty is to coordinate and implement all the production elements that are necessary to achieve the objectives set out in Fondation Hirondelle’s project in the Rohingya refugee camps. The production manager reports to the project manager in the field.
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the selection and evaluation of a small team of producers and other participants responsible for producing an audio program for the refugee populations. She/he will lead and manage this team. She/he will be responsible for the initial and ongoing training and coaching of participants in audio production.
- Define the format of audio programming; organize and oversee the production schedule and work of all participants; assign topics and reports, choose themes and topics to be covered; and ensure coordination and development of content with camp management and other NGOs working in the camp. She/he will be responsible for the editorial quality of all productions and ensure they are in line with Fondation Hirondelle editorial standards.
- Ensure narrowcasting of all productions, in collaboration with Fondation Hirondelle technical staff, including technical aspects.
- Oversee expenses and budget management related to content production.
- Put in place feedback mechanisms from listeners and ensure systems to provide feedback and information to camp management.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in journalism or media production, with at least 1-2 years’ experience in audio production.
- Experience overseeing a team and managing production schedules.
- Extensive training and coaching experience.
- Excellent coordination and communications skills.
- Experience working in a humanitarian crisis situation or refugee camp.
- Experience working with Rohingya populations or in Southeast Asia is an advantage.
Contract: This position is based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. It is ideally a 6 month posting, with the possibility of shorter assignments.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required; Bengali, Burmese or Rohingya a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by April 27, 2018.