Details: Competitive salary to be based on qualifications.
787 Northwest Liberty Road
Title: Volunteer Coordinator -- 30-35 hrs/wk.
Reports to: Market and Facilities Manager
Our vision is a community where a safety net exists for all people, which includes adequate food, shelter, healthcare and employment. In 2017, we served approximately 4000 households distributing nearly one million pounds of food. After 50 years of neighbors helping neighbors, this year, Fishline will move into a new building. Our new 15,000 square foot facility will include a grocery-store style market for those needing our food bank services on the first floor, and a Comprehensive Services Center (CSC) on the second floor which will bring together the best providers of basic human services under the same roof for the first time in Kitsap County. Working cooperatively, our new CSC will address client issues at their root, helping clients move out of a need for services and onto stable lives.
About our Volunteer Program:
Fishline strives to create an environment that brings out the best in our volunteers and in those whom we serve. We are committed to building a volunteer program that provides ample and diverse volunteer opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds, and ability levels. We value volunteerism in all its forms, from community service to employer-matched programs, and we seek to accommodate all who are willing to volunteer. We recognize that our volunteers are our greatest asset and honor them by integrating them into meaningful work at all levels of our organization.
- Serves as an advocate for volunteers and volunteerism
- Schedules volunteer hours, for the market, day-to-day operations, special projects and events. Regularly meets with supervisor to adjust daily and seasonal volunteer placements.
- Provides consistent, up-to-date information regarding organizational announcements, events, policies, and procedures
- Develops and implements recruiting strategies, including holding regular orientations and liaising with our Communications team
- Identifies points of engagement for group volunteering, internships, court-ordered community service, and service learning opportunities with youth groups, businesses, and civic organizations.
- Assesses volunteers in order to successfully match them to a diverse array of roles. Collaboratively develops volunteer job descriptions that align with institutional goals and conducts ongoing trainings.
- Composes executive-level reports on our volunteer programs, contributions to quarterly newsletters, local media outlets, and social media posts
- Responsible for creating content for and updating the Volunteer Section of the website.
- Utilizes recognition and awards to maintain high level of motivation and appreciation of volunteers.
- Acts as the Person-in-Charge as assigned, responding to the assistance and emergency bell when needed. Requires knowledge of de-escalation techniques, Fishline protocol, and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Maintains files on all volunteers, including volunteer hours, accurate emergency contact information, incidents reports, and drivers' insurance verification.
- Participates as part of core team, including staff meetings and team problem-solving
- Participates in job-related training and implements best-practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and written
- Comfortable in a growing, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to multitask in a noisy environment with frequent interruptions
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and with a variety of people including board members, partner agencies, colleagues, and--of course!--volunteers.
- Volunteer management experience in a social service or non-profit setting
- Familiarity with databases (i.e. Volgistics, Salesforce)
- Website editing experience (WordPress)
- Experience with Microsoft 365, including SharePoint
Position is also eligible for paid vacation, sick leave and a monthly health care allowance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to Mary Nader at email@example.com OR to North Kitsap Fishline, Attn: Mary Nader, P.O. Box 1517, Poulsbo, WA 98370