Details: Competitive, commensurate with experience
21-12 30th Road
Director of Operations
Variety Boys & Girls Club of Queens seeks an Operations Director to serve as a key member of the leadership team. The Director will manage program & facility operations for our flagship Astoria Boys & Girls Club while working to streamline operations across our school based program sites.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape a rapidly growing organization while providing a quality experience for our families.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, motivated self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. S/he possesses an exceptional work ethic, striving for excellence in all tasks big and small.
- Supervise Operations Manager, Administrative Coordinator, and Front Desk Reception team.
- Ensure enrollment and performance goals are met for key programs.
- Manage online program registration system and new website (launching August 2018).
- Promote a high level of customer service and responsiveness among frontline reception staff.
- Manage communications with families, schools, and community partners.
- Manage recruitment/ hiring process and HR compliance.
- Develop and implement performance management systems including scheduling for staff meetings and performance reviews.
- Manage employee shifts and leave requests.
- Ensure reporting and compliance with DYCD, DoH, BGCA and other requirements in coordination with Program Director.
- Support program data tracking and evaluation efforts in coordination with Education Director.
- Program budget and payroll support in coordination with CFO.
- Manage special projects for Executive Director.
- Supervise Maintenance/ Janitorial Department
- Ensuring building is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Manage facility improvement and repair projects.
- Manage vendor and rental partner relations and facility scheduling.
- Manage system for ordering and maintaining program and building supplies.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Supervise Aquatics Director & Weekend Manager
- Manage and develop our earned income programs and departments- specifically Aquatics (learn-to-swim, swim team, etc.) and "Weekends @ the Club" (weekend workshops in cooking, robotics, taekwondo, etc.).
- Support summer camp planning and implementation in coordination with the Astoria Club Site Director.
- Support planning of special events, open houses, and community events.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in administration or operations with experience in marketing. Previous nonprofit experience a plus.
• Minimum four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
• Candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A willingness to take on challenges, find solutions, and make a difference.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities (able to motivate and direct others and provide meaningful feedback)
• Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with Club staff.
• Able to work under pressure handling a variety of responsibilities
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google apps.
Anticipated start date: August 2018
Variety Boys & Girls Club of Queens offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes:
- Medical coverage
- Employer-funded 401(a) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and workplace environment
Minimum Education Required