Details: Competitive Annual Salary with Benefits
29 Castle Place
The College of New Rochelle seeks an innovative and experienced content creator and strategist to advance the College’s brand identity, enhance its reputation, and increase online engagement with both internal and external audiences through the use of social media. The social media manager will develop and lead the College’s social media strategy, content, and channels, while tracking analytics and keeping abreast of current social media trends and platform changes.
In addition to implementing the social media calendar, the social media manager will respond to the day’s immediate demands, including direct engagement with constituents and regular moderation of social media channels. As this is not meant to be a desk job, the social media manager will network in person with campus stakeholders, including students, student groups, faculty, staff, and alumni and attend multiple events each week to capture engaging written and visual content for digital and social media channels.
As the primary representative of the College on social media platforms, this position requires both digital and marketing savvy, highly refined writing and communication skills, good news judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills, creative flair, a solid understanding of the College’s brand and audiences, a full recognition that social media extends beyond normal work hours, and at all times professionalism and integrity.
- Plan, create and share engaging and college-appropriate content daily across institutional social and digital media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and the College’s website.
- Develop, implement and update the College’s overall social media strategy and social media calendars to grow engagement.
- Assess and refine institutional social media policies to ensure best practices.Provide training for administrators managing departmental social media channels on social media policies and industry best practices and monitor departmental accounts to ensure compliance.
- Conceptualize and execute innovative social content campaigns to drive awareness of the College and coordinate with PR efforts.
- Engage with students, student groups, faculty, staff and alumni and attend multiple events weekly to generate story ideas and capture written and visual content for digital and social media channels.
- Regularly monitor social media channels to drive strategic direction and proactively address conversations or issues relevant to the College. Some of this monitoring may occur during evening and weekends.
- Capture video and photos to support online content.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest in social media trends and platforms with an eye toward incorporating new ideas and emerging platforms that will further advance the College.
- Gather and present analytics and utilize findings to refine social media strategy and social media calendar as well as specific social media campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, new media, journalism or related field.
- Three to five years of professional experience in both creating engaging content across a variety of social media channels and managing a social media calendar with clear benchmarks and demonstrable achievements. Higher education experience preferred.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills with evidence of good storytelling ability utilizing digital platforms with the versatility to engage multiple audiences as evidenced by strong writing samples.
- Experience with photography, videography, video editing, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, and SEO.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage priorities and projects effectively.
- Ability to work outside the traditional work week as needed.
- Ability to travel to other campus locations as needed.
The College of New Rochelle, founded in 1904, is today comprised of four schools and six locations in Westchester and the NYC metropolitan area, serving a diverse population of 3,500 women and men in undergraduate and graduate programs of study. The main campus of the College is located on a beautiful suburban setting in New Rochelle, 16 miles north of midtown Manhattan and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. The College offers a competitive salary and benefits include health insurance, a retirement plan with TIAA-CREF, a state-of-the-art Wellness Center, liberal vacation, and tuition remission.
The College of New Rochelle is a Catholic college in the Ursuline tradition, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our unique educational mission. To learn more about the College, visit our website at www.cnr.edu.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please email letter of interest, resume, at least two writing samples that demonstrates your mastery of social media, and links to social media accounts you have managed or are managing. to: Lenore Carpinelli, Director of College Relations (email@example.com).
No phone calls, please; candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.