Alfred Street Baptist Church (ASBC) is excited to announce our search for our Generosity Advisor. Our church has over 8,000 members and continues to grow “Building Disciples to Win the World for Christ.” ASBC has over 80 ministries to meet member needs. We seek top performers who can advance the work of the Lord. We seek people who have much to offer and are dedicated servants of God. We also seek those individuals who are upbeat, loyal, resourceful and are dedicated to working to fulfill our mission.
This is a full-time position at the Alfred Street Baptist Church (ASBC) located in Alexandria, Virginia. The incumbent is under the day-to-day supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and serves as Generosity Advisor. This position is primarily responsible to develop and implement strategy and programming for fund development of new members. This position will strategize and implement programs for discovery and discipleship of high capacity donors and/or potential donors. This position will also monitor giving trends and provide a quarterly assessment to Senior Pastor and to other leadership groups in the church.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategy and program for fund development of new members;
- Develop and implement strategy and programs for discovery and discipleship of high capacity donors and/or potential donors;
- Monitor giving trends and provide a quarterly assessment to Senior Pastor and to other leadership groups in the church;
- Develop and implement a regular system of letters of gratitude to those who give to the ministries of the church;
- Oversee the year-round program of stewardship/generosity education, looking for opportunities to provide spiritual formation in the area of giving. This would include age-sensitive stewardship educational opportunities including personal financial management and investment courses such as Financial Peace University, Crown, and others;
- Leverage the online worship platform to enhance generosity and online and recurring giving;
- Provide leadership for Planned Giving including educational opportunities, individual cultivation, and appropriate recognition;
- Evaluate, in conjunction with the appropriate leadership groups within the church, the need for major and minor capital funds initiatives. When major campaigns are conducted, oversee all activities and, where applicable, work closely with the consulting firm (if one is used) to implement the campaign;
- Develop and implement follow up activities for any capital campaigns (accelerated giving opportunities), including memorial and tribute programs and as needed coordination with building committee for groundbreaking and building dedication activities;
- Oversee time and talent stewardship campaigns. Provide meaningful reports of time and talent of members to appropriate leadership groups for use in selecting and recruiting members;
- Coordinate timing of all stewardship efforts including all special fundraising activities and offerings;
- Work closely with Finance, the Stewardship Committees or other appropriate leadership groups and provide reports and resources, where applicable, to assist these committees in effectively discharging their duties.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and knowledgeable in database software.
- Experience managing a major gifts portfolio a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Courageous creativity that builds on past success.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, time management and communication skills.
- Work as a self-starter and self-motivator.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Customer focused, professional, courteous and friendly personality.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
The Generosity Advisor position requires the following:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising at a church or non-profit organization with proven success preferred.