Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven
Project Manager of Real Estate Design and Planning
The Project Manager of Real Estate Design and Planning is responsible for providing the real estate design and site planning of all NHS New Haven properties slated for development. General project management tasks specific to pre-construction, construction, and post construction will be delegated to this role as needed. Real estate design and planning include drafting site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall detail, etc. for all NHS New Haven.
Project Management/Design and Construction
· Leads the preparation of work specifications and architectural designs for all Real Estate Development projects.
· Supports the Director of Real Estate Development in the ongoing short-term and long-term planning for all NHS projects to ensure annual production goals are met or exceeded.
· Approves completed work to ensure compliance with the all state and local codes and other regulatory requirements.
· Regularly checks and becomes familiar with the City Building Department to ensure compliance with all local codes and with inspection requirements set forth by the City.
· Assists the Director of Real Estate Development in working with State and City regulatory agencies as well as contractors, architects, engineers, surveyors, and appraisers.
· Provides technical assistance to the Director of Real Estate Development in areas of real estate design, structural integrity, site planning, and regulatory building codes.
· Meets with homebuyers purchasing NHS homes to review plans and specifications.
Property Acquisition and Maintenance
· Provides feedback to Director of Real Estate Development on interior layouts and design and exterior site work, as needed.
· Assists the Director of Real Estate Development with management for the NHS office buildings and site.
· Assists the Director of Real Estate Development in the property management of all real estate assets owned by the organization.
Collaboration Across NHS Departments
· Provides assistance for NeighborWorksâ Week activities.
· Participates in monthly staff meetings and weekly department meetings.
Requirements of Work
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Architecture. 3-5 years of experience in designing plans for single-family and multifamily residential housing. Experience must be both in new construction and in residential rehabilitation and restoration.
Working knowledge of the building codes, zoning, and existing housing stock in the areas where NHS of New Haven develops real estate.
Working knowledge of energy conservation techniques, and the ability to implement them in both new construction and rehabilitation.
Ability to analyze rehabilitation needs and determine structural integrity.
Ability to prepare plans and work specifications for housing rehabilitation projects.
Ability to make change orders to account for unanticipated deviations from the original work specifications.
Ability to monitor, evaluate and inspect the work of contractors with a view toward compliance with specifications and contracts.
Ability to act professionally at all times and exercise good judgment in dealing with all people.
In addition, the Project Manager of Real Estate Design and Planning must be committed to the goals and philosophy of NHS, and must possess a high degree of motivation. He or she is expected to work as part of a team to accomplish common organizational goals and objectives.
Education and Skills Required
Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Architecture
· 3-5 years providing the design and site planning for residential and multi-family homes.
· Strong design and graphic skills.
· High level of proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, Adobe products, SketchUp, and other 3D rendering programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application should include cover letter and resume.