Details: $20/hour, for approximately 28 hours per week, with some benefits.
99M Street SE
Summary/Purpose of the Position:
Global Kids, Washington, DC (GK-DC) is seeking five dynamic, hard-working, creative individuals with experience in youth development, global education, social justice activism, and an interest in after-school programming. The Site Trainer/s will be coordinating and implementing GK-DC’s weekly afterschool programming at several DC public high school locations. This is a part-time position with an immediate start date supporting our work throughout the District schools.
• Coordinate, develop and facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK-DC's weekly after-school programs.
• Work with senior GK staff to design programs and activities appropriate for middle and high school aged youth, focusing on global/local issues, leadership development and digital media.
• Conduct recruitment, attendance and retention efforts to ensure program consistency and quality as well as build relationships with school administration and faculty.
• Assist with and coordinate contractual administrative duties including attendance records, program evaluation, and periodic program progress reports for the site.
• Coordinate and implement planning for the annual GK youth conferences, leadership retreats and other special projects and field trips.
• Coordinate periodic parent/family engagement activities such as a program orientation, academic and college info sessions, family fun night, etc.
• Collaborate with teaching artists, and/or program interns who support the overall work of GK-DC.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education and social activism.
· Experience working with high school and middle school youth and/or using interactive learning strategies in culturally diverse settings.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, and technology/digital media skills.
• International experience, foreign language, and/or performing arts background a plus.
We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “GK-DC Site Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.