La Comunidad Hispana (LCH), in Kennett Square, Jennersville and Oxford, offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs for low-income and underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a culturally welcoming environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH integrates healthcare with supportive services and education to empower our members to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive fulfilling lives.
The Administrative Assistant at LCH assists staff, performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephone, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping to the members and staff by providing quality services in the most efficient and effective manner possible; collaborating with staff, to assess needs, and obtain appropriate services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phones, greets visitors, and manages access to the staff. Represents the organization in a professional and friendly manner; Responds to requests for information.
- Performs general office duties and other activities to create a professional work environment such as ordering supplies, maintaining materials, records management including maintenance of LCH contracts and general files; opens and distributes mail including the management of incoming checks; prepares outgoing mail.
- Assists in the management of facility operations including housekeeping services, routine maintenance, and other needs as directed.
- Creates and maintains a file system for the Administration Department that provides for accuracy, thoroughness and ease of retrieval of key documents; Insures that the files are complete and up-to-date
- Effectively uses various software programs to create documents, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other collateral; provides support to the management team to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the various databases used by the organization.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Assists with meeting/meeting room preparation.
- Maintains regular attendance; performs all duties in a timely manner. Attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Follows all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Respects confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
- At least three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant to a high-level executive is required.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Proficiency in office-based applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet use is required.
- Must possess superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Must be capable of employing time-management skills for projects with varying timelines; must be able to work under pressure.
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required