5900 Airport Boulevard
Foundation Communities seeks to form a team of energetic, enthusiastic individuals who can help us serve over 20,000 clients at our Community Tax Centers (CTCs) for the 2019 tax filing season. CTC employees make a tremendous impact in the Austin community while gaining meaningful non-profit experience working for a well-respected organization. Under the direction of the Tax Services Manager, a small team of supervising site managers ensures all tax sites are run effectively and efficiently. Full-time and part-time positions including weekdays, evenings, and weekends are available.
· Provide support and guidance to tax site managers, which includes answering tax questions, serving in different roles (e.g. completing quality reviews, conducting intake interviews) to assist in alleviating bottlenecks in the tax preparation process and as necessary when a site is understaffed, supporting site managers to resolve conflict, assisting site managers in electronically transmitting returns, and facilitating fluid communication between staff within tax sites and across the program.
· Assist in training seasonal staff on tax center operations and lead sections of the bi-weekly staff meetings.
· Contribute to maintaining a positive work environment and high morale among seasonal employees
· Work with other supervising site managers and Tax Services Manager to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
· Approve time cards and mileage reimbursements for staff in assigned region.
· Effectively use email, scanning software, Google Drive, and other technology in program operations.
· Protect client confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Management and/or tax preparation experience
· Experience with volunteer programs or in customer service
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Complete specified tax certifications by 5pm on January 20, 2019 (training provided)
· Ability to travel regularly between tax sites (mileage reimbursement provided)
· Attend all of the following training sessions: (all start and end times are approximate):
o New Hire Orientation: Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 9am-12pm (alternate: Jan 2 from 10am-1pm) o Tax training: December 5 and 6 from 5:30-9:30pm, December 11 from 10am-4pm
(Alternative dates: January 2 and 3 from 5:30-9:30pm, January 14 and 15 from 6-9pm)
o Operations & additional tax training: (day and evening/weekend option available for most trainings)
[#1] Jan 2 from 1:30-4:30pm or Jan 7 from 6-9pm [#2] Jan 3 from 1:30-4:30pm or Jan 8 from 6-9pm
[#3] Jan 8 from 9am-12pm or Jan 9 from 6-9pm [#4] Jan 8 from 1-4pm or Jan 12 from 9am-12pm
[#5] Jan 10 from 9am-12pm or Jan 19 from 9am-12pm
[#6] Jan 9 from 9am-12pm or Jan 12 from 1-4pm [#7] Jan 9 from 1-4pm or Jan 19 from 1-4pm
[#8] Jan 5 from 10am-1pm (no alternate date) [#9] Jan 5 from 1:30-4:30pm (no alternate date)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Enter “Supervising Site Manager” in the email subject line. In your cover letter, please specify your availability. This position pays $20 per hour.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.