Position: Talent Acquisition Manager (Full Time, Remote)
Organization: Accelerate Change
Reports to: Vanessa Ruiz, Director of Talent
Direct Reports: Talent Acquisition Specialist and Associate Recruiter (to be hired)
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months (post-COVID)
COVID-19: We take Covid-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our Covid safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
About Accelerate Change
Founded in 2012, Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) digital media lab. We work to increase civic engagement with BIPOC and low-income communities through digital media. Our programs include:
- Scaling emerging cultural media properties
- Investing in established cultural media properties
- Building influencer networks
- Leading a digital media lab
- Driving civic engagement campaigns
Learn more about our theory of change, approach, and impact at https://acceleratechange.org/about/
Our team is made up of digital media innovators and operators who bring a mix of tech, business, civic engagement, and media backgrounds. Meet our team and learn more about our culture at https://acceleratechange.org/values-team/
About the Position
Accelerate Change is seeking an equity-centered Talent Acquisition Manager with experience in managing the recruiting process and establishing and improving sourcing and hiring strategies. We’re looking for someone who loves all aspects of the hiring process but also enjoys finding ways to improve it and make it more effective, efficient and inclusive.
Here’s what you could expect to do as Talent Acquisition Manager (key responsibilities):
- Oversee and manage the full life cycle of recruiting, hiring and onboarding, ensuring Accelerate and its partners embody its core values by finding pools of qualified and diverse candidates.
- Create and implement strategies to improve hiring process efficiency and quality of hire.
- Establish best practices for a long-term scalable and equitable recruitment and hiring process.
- Maintain vital pieces of existing recruiting and hiring workflows
- Partner with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team to develop and maintain up-to-date job descriptions for existing and new roles.
- Facilitate regular communication with all stakeholders in each requisition (hiring manager, director, and senior team).
- Manage sourcing strategy development and developing a talent pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates.
- Lead several staff requisitions/searches at a time, including additional contractor requisitions/searches.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition team, including coaching, supporting, and developing staff using performance management tools and additional resources.
- Actively contribute to Accelerate’s culture and participating in our values work, which includes continuous work of being and becoming an anti-racist organization.
We’ll also look for the Talent Acquisition Manager to:
- TBD. As part of a rapidly growing organization, you’ll need to embrace change and that your responsibilities will shift over time. Pitching in to help with the needs of your department and the overall Central Team is an important part of your role
- Help advance our goal of becoming an anti-racist organization. Within your role, apply equitable work practices, challenge white supremacy, and help make our programs more inclusive. Center our understanding that multiple systems of oppression intersect with racism and be an active part of our values work.
- Serve as a resource to our networks of partners. Help amplify partner successes, make connections between partners and facilitate learning sharing, and offer your expertise to partners in our networks wherever it makes sense.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and learning new skills. In our fast-paced, unstructured environment, we love it when staff first try to figure things out on their own and then ask for help if they’re stuck.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen their skills on current/emerging platforms and with lean startup methodology. We take an individualized approach to growth where staff have the chance to explore and propose development opportunities that align with their interests and the team’s priorities.
What We're Looking For
- Commitment to social change. Accelerate Change is progressive workplace focused on civic engagement with BIPOC and low-income communities. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- 4+ years experience with key responsibilities: We’re looking for someone who has at least 4 years of experience in all of or part of the full cycle of recruitment and hiring. You’ve previously led or have been an integral part of the hiring process, creating a strategy that is aligned with a fast-paced environment and centers equity in its practices.
- Adaptability: We work with startups, so things pivot frequently and priorities shift quickly. We’re looking for someone who prefers (not just tolerates) working in a fast-paced environment like ours. In this role, that means you enjoy leading hiring in high-change environments, and you can support your team when there are unexpected pivots that affect your work.
- People management: You are an experienced people manager and excel in supporting, developing and guiding direct reports. When it comes feedback, you’re an expert who welcomes feedback and is eager to make changes based on feedback received. You’re also someone who consistently provides feedback to their direct reports and works diligently to support them in achieving individual and team goals.
- Stakeholder management skills: When it comes to working with internal and external stakeholders within a complex organizational structure, you know the importance of prioritizing clear communication and doing everything you can to ensure that stakeholders have the information they need.
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.